5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

installing BOOST gauge

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 08:55 AM
vtecwho
3rd Gear Member

Default installing BOOST gauge

so i finally took the plunge and bought one of vortechs fine superchargers. i have not gotten around to installing it...tomorrow will be the day..... but i need a bit of assistance with the boost gauge.

i get everything except the part in the instructions where it says plug or tap into the vaccume line of the car... where is the vaccume line.... i know there are many but it needs to be the right one.

any help on where to splice into the vaccume line would be great! the autometer instructions are VERY universal.

thanks eric
Old 04-17-2008, 08:56 AM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

Default RE: installing BOOST gauge

Use any vacuum line
Old 04-17-2008, 09:25 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

just run some kind of T fitting off another line and run your vac to it.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:38 AM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

+1. I installed mine with a T on the vacuum tree

good luck with the s/c install!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:59 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

on the vac tree on the firewall theres one thats capped off, just go off of it, very simple
Old 04-17-2008, 02:30 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: bighungrymatt

+1. I installed mine with a T on the vacuum tree

good luck with the s/c install!
Same here, it's just that simple!
Old 04-17-2008, 11:56 PM
vtecwho
3rd Gear Member

wow, i had no idea it was that simple.[&:]

the vac tree is the one that is on the break booster side of the firewall? the vac/boost line that was given in the kit is WAY smaller in diameter than ANY lines off the vac tree... if im thinking of the right one.

the vac line that they gave looks like the size of line that comes from the smog pump diverter valve.

just out of curiosity, could if use the line that goes into the fuel regulator on the fuel rail. i see that that line plugs right into the upper intake manifold

thanks for the replys
eric
Old 04-18-2008, 06:21 PM
stanguy306
2nd Gear Member

Hey Eric, hows the install coming? I'm gettin ready to do the same...but I bought a used kit so of course its missing things....so I'm rounding them up one by one. So much crap.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:11 PM
vtecwho
3rd Gear Member

Dude, the install was nerve racking when tapping the oil pan.... that took me forever but the charger is on but i have an underdrve crank pully so i have to order the oem from ford on monday[:@]. then i need to put on the fmu and its good to go.

i have the tweecer rt and i just need to change some timing curves and fuel stuff along with a ricer maf curve and the thing will be ready to run!! i cant wait.

the wideband goes in soon along with the boost gauge on the apillar. im hoping that it will be 100% done.

what kit did you get? what do you need?

eric
Old 04-21-2008, 04:14 AM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vtecwho
wow, i had no idea it was that simple.[&:]

the vac tree is the one that is on the break booster side of the firewall? the vac/boost line that was given in the kit is WAY smaller in diameter than ANY lines off the vac tree... if im thinking of the right one.

the vac line that they gave looks like the size of line that comes from the smog pump diverter valve.

just out of curiosity, could if use the line that goes into the fuel regulator on the fuel rail. i see that that line plugs right into the upper intake manifold

thanks for the replys
eric
I would imagine you probably got the small nylon tubing with it. I'm not sure if it will work with yours, but it's worth a shot. I uncapped one of mine & crammed the nylon line INSIDE the fitting instead of using a vacuum line to go on the outside. But I also put a small vacuum hose on it anyway to wrap around both the nylon tubing & the fitting. I drew a diagram to kinda show you what i meant, hope it helps out a little.

The other alternative is a T as mentioned

Quick Reply: installing BOOST gauge