5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Pulled codes......did anyone get these

Old 10-06-2008, 10:24 AM
-SHIFTY-
2nd Gear Member

Default Pulled codes......did anyone get these

Codes:
67 - Neutral Drive switch or circut ((my clutch cable is out at the moment dont know if that is why?)
81 - Thermactor air circuit
82 - Thermactor air circuit, integrated controller circuit
95 - Fuel pump circuit problem

Need help on what to do/buy replace from here.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:34 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

koeo/koer test must be run in nuetral and if you didn't it'll explain code 67 and as for the thermactor codes....has the smog pump and acompanying hoses been removed?? if so that'll explain thermactor codes as for fuel pump issue..are you having a problem with car?? if so what are the symptoms??
Old 10-06-2008, 12:13 PM
-SHIFTY-
2nd Gear Member

Yep, I took off the smog pump a little while back. I still have some hoses that aren't going anywhere though. I'm trying to find exactly what I can plug off and what I need to keep.

The car runs a little rough, lacks power. Just did a tune up on it.

start at the fuel filter?

Is this a fuel circuit code. So it could be anywhere from my pump to my injectors?
Old 10-07-2008, 12:44 PM
-SHIFTY-
2nd Gear Member

bump*
Old 10-07-2008, 01:02 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

plug off the source vaccum lines that go to the TAB and TAD selonoids the source lines usually run up to the intake..........as for fuel pump code, clear codes and re -run koer and see if it comes back
Old 10-07-2008, 01:40 PM
-SHIFTY-
2nd Gear Member

appreciate it!
Old 10-07-2008, 06:59 PM
-SHIFTY-
2nd Gear Member

looks like the solenoids are missing. The connectors are there, but thats it. Am I mistaken?

Vacuum hoses from solenoids to EGR etc. I can plug all of these off right?

Mystery Hose?? Can I plug this off?

Thanks!
Old 10-07-2008, 07:04 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

THE tAB AND tad SELONOIDS ARE NOT MISSING!!!,,,,, IN THE PIC THEY are to the left, see where the connector should plug in???........the next to the last pic is the evap purge selonoid and one end goes to the intake and the other end should lead down to the carbon canister that stores fuel vapors to be purged into the intake to be burned, and egr vac line can be plugged off as ecm will delete it's function
Old 10-17-2008, 04:31 PM
-SHIFTY-
2nd Gear Member

ok, unplugged them, and plugged off the TAB and TAD. plugged the purge as well. getting these codes still and now.

67-Neutral drive switch>>??
81-Thermacator air circuit
82-Thermacator air circuit, controller circuit
85-Canister Purge circuit, or tranny shift control circuit. Excessive fuel pressure or flow,
95-Fuel pump circuit problem, Thermacror air diverter circuit

Now getting 85, but I think plugging off the Purge selenoid is causing that. Is that going to be an issue?

Wanting to plug off my EGR valve, anyone done this>?
http://rjminjectiontech.com/?p=9

found these links helpful
http://mustangpartstech.com/Emissions.html
http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/te...uumDiagram.jpg
Old 10-21-2008, 11:48 PM
FireHead

Instead of starting a new thread on this topic, I thin I have some of the same problems. I have an '89 Mustang with a 5.0. I have had it for a few weeks and have rough running/miss issue along with a strong and repeatable 300 rpm'ish surge at idle (like the IAT is hunting for something). The A/C and thermactos systems have been removed by the previous owner (I complete removing the thermactor system). As far as I know, I do not have any vacuum leaks or other mechanical problems.

I get the folowing codes with a properly performed KOER test:

* #44 (cyl 1-4 thermactor in-op)
* #94 (cyl 5-8 thermactor in-op)
* #67 (NDS circuit open, A/C input high)

My questions are:

*The thermactor faults seem to be a cost of removing the thermactor system. These faults are here to stay without it. Are there any fault reactions to these faults that cause performance issues? If I had to guess, I assume there is not reaction for these faults.

*The A/C is long-gone. Going the the troubleshooting tree, it seems that the A/C fault is based upon seeing voltage on the A/C clutch circuit. Since there is not compressor there, there is not being a voltage returned to the ECM, thus causing the fault. Will this fault have a fault reaction that will cause performance issues like I am experiencing?

As a side note: I am an engine development engineer for a living. This car is a new project for me and I only have a great deal of experience with racing engines and over-the-road diesel truck engines. I am not up to speed on OBD1 software and hardware.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pulled codes......did anyone get these