5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Foxbody guys, help me out with deciding on this car

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 04:35 PM
zggill04
2nd Gear Member

Default Foxbody guys, help me out with deciding on this car

I'm going to post the information on this car. I've never dealt with the fox bodies, so I'm turning to you guys. Let me know how much you'd pay for this car (roughly) It does come with a 5inch cowl lift off hood also.

1988 Ford Mustang GT
First off i have owned this car for 13 years and i have spent Lots of time and money on this car

Engine:
302 ci
all ARP bolts
heads are jegs 2.02 1.90 Aluminum W/ guide plates and screw in studs
Crower 1.6 roller rockers
Custom length Smith brothers push rods
Aluminum fabricated valve covers
Victor JR intake
Quick fuel Carburator
moroso 7qt oilpan
Ford motorsport cam E303
Crane cams timing chain
Romac harmonic balancer

Transmission:
C-4
reverse manual
3800 street strip nitrous converter
SFI flywheel

Power adder:
Nitrous
6an feed line
All NOS except Wilson 2 stage plate
i have a bunch of jets and chips (for MSD)

Ignition:
MSD 6al
Msd multi step retard(for nitrous)
mini alternaton

Fuel system:
all braides fuel lines
2 holley blue pumps
2 aeroquip fuel filters
2 Regulators
8gal fuel cell

Cooling:
Black magic fan
moroso water pump drive
Griffin Aluminum Radiator

Guages:
All autometer
oil and temp guages are BIG 3 3/8
the rest are 2 5/8

Suspension:
AJE chromoly tubular K member
Koni adjustable struts
coilovers
rear:
Megabite JR's
4:10 gears
moser axels
c clip eliminators
welded axel tubes
Weld drag lites
Mickey Thompson 28 10.5 15 et drag tires
front are Mickey Thompson et front runner

Exaust:
Mac full lenth headers
Dr Gas X pipe
Mac mufflers W turn downs

Ok here is the rest of the car it has a 8pt cage, paint is stainless steel (cool color) X bar in back frame connectors through the floor,full cusom rear fire wall, kirkey aluminum race seat, 5pt quick release harness, All black interior, its a nice feeling cockpit custom switch panel, B&M ratchet shifter,Hurst line lock, custom tubular radiator suport, 5 1/2 extended cowl hood, brand new windshield, the car needs body work it is not a show car but is fast i have gome to the track once with the car and made three passes it drives like a caddie smooth and straight if your interested i will tell you how fast it is cant do it here because it is built as a grudge race car and if i dont sell i will be at the track in the spring.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:46 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

hard to say without seeing better pics of the body...If body & paint was perfect, maybe $8500-10000
Old 10-20-2008, 04:50 PM
zggill04
2nd Gear Member

He said body is not perfect. I'm going to take a look at it tomorrow.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:56 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

low ball him for 6500 and see what happens. just point out flaws "i see the engine bay isnt done." i dunno see what you can work out of him. if it were me though i'd walk at 7500.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:13 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

being a carb car hurts it as I like the EFI. Do you have emissions where you live if you do it wont pass due to the carb. But if you know some one or its gone to be a race car or you have away around it then that's OK. But I would say around 5000 times are tough and money is hard to come by if he says no leave him your number and walk away. But it does sound like there is alot $$$ in it don't get me wrong but he want to sell. What is asking for it? what kind of times has it run? how well is the car does is every thing hacked up looking or is it all nicely done what do the welds on the bar look like will the bar pass tech at the track? and the BIG ONE is how bad do YOU want it LOL
Old 10-20-2008, 05:14 PM
zggill04
2nd Gear Member

What do these cars go for? I mean, this car is set up for drag only right now. Also this is probably an 11 second car after it's properly tuned from a 302.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:18 PM
zggill04
2nd Gear Member

Well I would be trading him an 07 CBR1000 for it. I have about 2500 miles on it and it's in pretty good shape.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:29 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Trade him lol. Like said already its a drag car. A c4 with 4.10s isn't a highway driver. You might want to ask what else is done to the tranny. See if he has upgraded the bands and whatnot in it. Sounds like it will be a nice setup.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:42 PM
zggill04
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, but I don't want to lose big on my bike either, ya know? I mean he said he'd give me a walk through of his set up and give me a full bottle of NO2, the keys, and said this thing would be good to fly down the track. I love racing and would love to get set up in a car. Just hope everything was done right too. We have alot to talk about still before an exchange is made.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:43 PM
zggill04
2nd Gear Member

Oh, and based off my sig... you can tell what sort of fuel system I'm more fond of. I'm not looking to be an 8 second car. Just something quicker then the 67. Something around the 11's which this car is.

Quick Reply: Foxbody guys, help me out with deciding on this car