5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Tweecer rt or Anderson pms

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 05:08 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

this is good info, keep it coming

im looking into something to tune my junk.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:42 AM
MADMAC
2nd Gear Member

What Editor (Running Windows Vista) would you recommend for QuarterHorse and what supporting hardware is needed for reading wide band and future supercharger? I have an SN95. This sounds like a system that is some what user friendly. This has me very interested. I had been looking at the PMS for a while, but I would like to stay with the change of time and of course the $$$. My next purchase will be a tuner and I would like to spend some time working the learning curve with my mostly stock 5.0. Sorry about the highjack, maybe this will help in his descision. MAC
Old 10-04-2009, 03:00 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by MADMAC
What Editor (Running Windows Vista) would you recommend for QuarterHorse and what supporting hardware is needed for reading wide band and future supercharger? I have an SN95. This sounds like a system that is some what user friendly. This has me very interested. I had been looking at the PMS for a while, but I would like to stay with the change of time and of course the $$$. My next purchase will be a tuner and I would like to spend some time working the learning curve with my mostly stock 5.0. Sorry about the highjack, maybe this will help in his descision. MAC
I have had very good luck with the software available through www.eecanalyzer.net

Clint stands behind his software 110% and is literally willing to bend over backwards to fix ANY problems you might have with it.

As far as running a wideband with the QH, I had already deleted the EGR on my car. There is a variable that you can program into the Binary Editor software that allows you to set a new transfer function for the EVP sensor. I set all of my wideband values in the transfer function table, and ran the analog 5v signal output off my AEM 6in1 wideband into the EVP connector (pin 27?) on the SN-95 harness. I then told Binary Editor to treat that input as if it was an AFR reading. So now when I datalog, my wideband information comes up along with the infor from ALL of my other sensors as well..

This then helps you with using EEC Analyzer. because you can take your datalog, load it into EA, and the software will calculate a "corrected" maf curve for your car. It basically takes the LAMBSE values from the ECM, compares it to the wideband's readings, and adjusts the actual flow values in the MAF transfer table, so that the car will be running at what it actually THINKS its running at.

Its some really cool stuff, definitly WELL worth the $130 for the software
Old 10-04-2009, 08:49 PM
MADMAC
2nd Gear Member

Adder, thanks for the reply. Sounds like it won't be to bad to setup. It is good to know that there is someone here that has first hand experience with QH and It will be great to be able to tune it out myself. I will be picking your brain more in the near future. Got the web site in my favorites now!! MAC
Old 10-04-2009, 08:57 PM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

I have a tweecer r/t and know someone who tunes with the QH on a daily basis.
If i could do it over again, i would own a QH.
They use the same software, plug into the pcm the same way, but the QH has a built in protection from getting fried, unlike the tweecer. The QH will also have some more perks down the line.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:03 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

the guys on www.eectuning.org will be of great help as well.

also remember that if you use the software I linked above, you can send me your tune (the .bin file) and datalogs of your car running, and I can suggest changes to your tune to help you out, based on what your datalog says.

It doesnt look like you have a very extensive mods list, so your tuning should be fairly quick. but make sure you get a wideband setup, as the benefits of having it are great... in many ways!
Old 10-04-2009, 09:10 PM
MADMAC
2nd Gear Member

Good to know that Moates is on top of it. There is obviously a big need for this. Building an engine/car now a days is alot more technical than years back. I remember back in the 70's when Dodge came out with the POS Lean-Burn (Master Tech back then) I got really to involved with that system. Grew a brain real fast.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:28 PM
MADMAC
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
the guys on www.eectuning.org will be of great help as well.

also remember that if you use the software I linked above, you can send me your tune (the .bin file) and datalogs of your car running, and I can suggest changes to your tune to help you out, based on what your datalog says.

It doesnt look like you have a very extensive mods list, so your tuning should be fairly quick. but make sure you get a wideband setup, as the benefits of having it are great... in many ways!
Wide band and gages on the list also for the near future. Getting all the supporting mods first, before going deep and drop in an engine. Looking at trying a Procharger out maybe before doing an engine. Descisions!!!! I want to get to know the innner workings of the tune first for sure.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:30 PM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

http://tunexchange.mustang-tech.org/
Old 10-04-2009, 09:34 PM
vristang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TrimDrip
I here the new Moates Quarter horse is better than both. The same people or person that designed TweeCar designed the software that is needed for the Quarter horse. It will also save a few dollars over the TweeCar.
This isn't accurate...

The tweecer (both hardware and software) was developed by a guy named Mike? Can't remember the last name.

The QuarterHorse was developed by Craig Moates. Craig has developed tons of tuning setups for many vehicles...

The software most often used with the QuarterHorse is Binary Editor, which was developed out of necessity (in reaction to the crappy software that came from tweecer), by a fellow Mustang enthusiast named Clint Garrity.
As Adder has stated several times.... Clint has done an excellent job both developing and supporting BE & EA.

Adder, I never thought you would have converted....

Quick Reply: Tweecer rt or Anderson pms