5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Parking lights don't work...Help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 11:49 PM
90stangdemon

Default Parking lights don't work...Help?

Hey I have a '90 Mustang, all my lights work, the headlights, the brake lights, the turn signals and the emergency lights but something is wrong with the dash lights where the RPM and MPH is and the parking lights in the back. I took it to my mechanic and he told me it was just all wiring so I was wondering if anyone knows if this is an easy job and where the wiring is for this? There's a bunch of wires where my deck is supposed to be since I don't have a deck I can see all of the wires.

Also if this means anything my horn doesn't work and every time I press or hold my horn buttons the inside headlights turn on. I started laughing when I found this out just thought i'd let you guys know if that helps any? Any input would help thanks, I can't drive at night due to this problem
Old 10-31-2009, 07:35 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

"Also if this means anything my horn doesn't work and every time I press or hold my horn buttons the inside headlights turn on"

inside headlights???????.............
Old 11-01-2009, 01:17 AM
dreamer1uk
3rd Gear Member

Hi,

Sounds like you have a whole bunch of shorts to ground. You will need to find some wiring diagrams and trace each circuit...

Hope this helps.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:30 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

bad headlight switch..... or the plug going into the switch

as for the horn etc might just be a bad clock spring behind the air bag
Old 11-01-2009, 06:28 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

I assume you have checked all the fuses? Have you replaced any bulbs recently? The wrong bulb in a socket will cause all kinds of weird things.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:06 AM
90stangdemon

Originally Posted by ttocs
"Also if this means anything my horn doesn't work and every time I press or hold my horn buttons the inside headlights turn on"

inside headlights???????.............
Yes the inside headlights, where the corner lights on the front are and the middle of the two lights.

Dreamer- I will find the wiring diagram and try to trace each circuit, thanks for the help.

PRO50SC- Yes I checked all the fuses and no I haven't replaced any bulbs but the brake lights, the reverse, and the turn signals work perfectly so I didn't think I had to replace any bulbs.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Foragoof

Hey I know it's been a long time but I'm new to the forum and I'm having the same issue! Was wondering what the problem was !? I already changed the switch. Thanks for the info !
Old 07-06-2012, 06:29 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Foragoof
Hey I know it's been a long time but I'm new to the forum and I'm having the same issue! Was wondering what the problem was !? I already changed the switch. Thanks for the info !
Same exact problem? Describe yours.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Foragoof

Yep ! Everything works but the parking lights! Brake lights work, turn signals and reverse all work! Just no parking lights! After reading I changed the switch in the dash and still not working!
Old 07-07-2012, 10:08 AM
enfausn
1st Gear Member

No matter what electrical problem your working with.......always check for power at the device first. Then trace out the circuit and narrow down what your problem is. You can chuck parts at it all day and not fix it if you don't take the time to track it down. electrical can get overwhelming sometimes. just split it all up and check each thing in the circuit one at time.

Quick Reply: Parking lights don't work...Help?