5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

HELP! me keep my fox from being stolen

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 11:11 PM
Quik
6th Gear Member

Default RE: NEED HELP!

tisk tisk tisk. put that switch in there and let me see teh car for 1 sec. i garrenty it will start. the wire youre talking about is the signal wire. its a red/blue wire

but remember this. all i have to do or anyone else is put a screwdriver from the hot side to the starter wire and then the starter spins. so if i was going to steal a mustang or any older ford for that means. and if the starter didnt turn over when i turned the igntion. i would then go in engine bay and jump the solenoid. if it started im on my way if it didnt start then i probably would bail. to much time invested to much chance to get caught

it also comes down to it as if i wanted the car or someone else did ill just tow it
Old 10-02-2005, 11:40 PM
marine_2003
1st Gear Member

I put a kill switch at my MSD box in my car, so the car cranks but wont start, it will crank all day long but will never start. You can put one at your ignition, like i did.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:46 PM
Quik
6th Gear Member

msd box can be bypassed. simply unplug the msd harness and replug in the stock harness..so what was the point of that?
Old 10-03-2005, 12:13 AM
89stanglx
3rd Gear Member

Gone in 60 seconds? Nope! I guess a good thief would know what to do considering they dont have the ignition key once they got inside the car anyway. But do they pop the hood and troubleshoot? probably not but anyway i guess it depends on howbad they want it. I guess bypassing the fuel pump relay would probably be a good choice. unless they break your steering column put it in neutral and are ready to tow it before hand. Get a annoying alarm also that goes off whenever you fart, buy a gun and park it next to your bedroom window.Get a dog and oh nevermind lol
Old 10-03-2005, 01:12 AM
dreamr

ORIGINAL: Nvidia

ORIGINAL: dreamr

One of the first things I do to all my vehicles is add a kill switch hooked to the fuel pump relay.
When the switch is off the motor will turn over but not start. Giving the impression that it is out of gas or such. My buddy suggested the starter wires, but I like the fuel pump.

What exactly do you need as far as supplies, tools etc when you want to install one of these? I was looking to do one for my car before I start putting performance mods into it. Thanks for the help.

I just pick up a keyed kill switch at radio shack and spluice it into the power wire going to the fuel pump relay. All you need is the switch, some wire, and connectors. there are a lot of places you can hide the kill switch.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:56 AM
1QUICKSTANG

i just got a kill switch done to my mustang. what i did was i had my cousin in law run the wire to the distrib off and on so the car wont start i just wanna know of a perfect spot to hide it!. but it works perfect it will crank all day long but will not fire up it will sound like theres no gas or something.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:43 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

I have a kill switch to my fuel pump and I love it. If the pump is off sometimes the car might start but then it will shut off after a couple seconds. The only bad thing is that you have to turn it on and off everytime you use the car and if you leave it on than its going to drain your battery. There might be a different way around that (im not too good w/ electrical systems) but thats just what has happened to me in the past. Just look for a good place to hide it but not something too hidden to where its going to be a pain in the butt to turn it on and off everytime you get in and out.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:36 PM
dreamr

Take a volt meter and test the wires running to the pump. The one I cut only recieves voltage with the key on, so therefore no concerns if I leave the switch in the on position.

Hmm where to hide a switch...........don't forget how easy it is to lift up the bezel around your shifter, or push in the sides of the jocky box to let it swing free........