MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   Which 331 stroker kit (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/87451-which-331-stroker-kit.html)

Lucidus 01-13-2006 12:25 PM

Which 331 stroker kit

I finally have enough cash saved for the next peice of my high hp 331 NA motor. That peice being the stroker kit.

I was set upon getting this http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/ite...PI960211413+01

The 331 street fighter kit.

I was justn trying to get an idea from some of you guys, maybe get suggestions if there is a better kit.

Thanks guys,
Jon

95_302_StangMan 01-14-2006 12:15 AM

RE: Which 331 stroker kit

I have seen kits for much cheaper than that, look at coastperformance.com

Crazyfast50stang 01-14-2006 02:00 AM

Are you planning on forced induction? With how much boost? The compression is a little high so remember that when choosing the SC, if you are. And yeah you might want to check out CHP

88BlueGT 01-14-2006 03:26 AM

Check out F-P-S.com (Ford Performance Solutions). I am building my 418 with them within the next couple months. Check them out and if you can talk to Troy. Hes a great guy and he can help you out with any kind of build that you want and he will put you in the right direction towards what you are looking for. Good luck!

91stang 01-14-2006 04:30 AM

i was planning on gettin the DSS racing kit at DSSracing.com

87GTForSale 03-21-2007 02:31 PM

dont go with DSS. They are goin wayyyy downhill. I made the mistake of buying a DSS longblock, from the day it was put in the car it made noises, so it was taken out of the car and shipped back to dss. They are in the process of trying like 5 different excuses and none of them make any sense and all of them have to do with an oil delivery problem. First they tried saying pick up to pan clearance was not correct, then when we told them that we used spacers but didnt send back the spacers to them (because they didnt come from them in the first place) then they tried saying the pickup must have a small hole in it that you cant see.(pickup was also purchased from dss) then they tried saying the 2 bolts holding the pickup to the pump werent tight enough. so they sent me pictures of the pickup and pump and the gasket was on both parts which means that the bolts were tight enough to get the gasket to be stuck firmly to both pieces. Not only are they not willing to take any responsibility at all, they are telling me it is like going to be over a grand to fix it. Also if you look at their site you can see that they are looking for an engine assembler??? Coinsidence? or maybe the old assembler was fired for screwing up? or maybe he quit cuz they were bouncin his paychecks? or something else... it all just seems too strange to me that they keep comin up with all these excuses and when we keep proving them wrong they come up with new ones.
In my opinion your better off goin with a company that is on an upswing,and not one thats on its way down the tubes. I mean I went with them because of their reputation for making a good product. But am finding out the hard way that their customer service is not really cutting it... so far..LOL well see how this turns out..

LIL D 03-21-2007 03:17 PM

i heard dss parts were still good just the assemblies sucked myself personally would go with either ford racing or something from chp

87GTForSale 03-21-2007 03:21 PM

What have ya heard about the assemblies?? Anyone else heard anythin??

LIL D 03-21-2007 03:26 PM

the overall assembly of the motor all the bearings takin a crap after only a few hundred miles i mean if one person told that could be due to beating the hell out of it so early but i have had more than one person tell me about the same problem

Joel5.0 03-21-2007 03:39 PM

Why "limit" yourself to a 331 stroker kit.......you might want to check this 347 stroker offer and think about it....and don't fall for the 347 stroker myths out there.