5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Texas Hot Rods

Old 06-20-2006, 03:19 AM
tuff5liter
2nd Gear Member

Default Texas Hot Rods

I just wanted to give THR some mad props. I had ordered the BBK SSI intake manifold about 2 1/2 months ago, and then it was put on back order that very next day, so needless to say I never got my intake. Well like a good mustang owner i waited patiently and waited and waited and waited......they are still pushing back the date on when I am going to get it (i know it isnt Summits fault, its BBKs). I went and talked to Brian today (the owner of THR, they are here in el paso), and he hooked me up with a TFS Track Heat intake, matching valve covers, the breather, and a 70mm EGR spacer for just a little more than I had paid for my intake manifold. If you need something go talk to Brian and he will fix you up with what you need. GREAT SHOP!!!!!!! MAD PROPS and thanks again THR!!

PS- he said i should have my stuff within a day or two.....

how good is the track heat intake?? lol

Old 06-20-2006, 04:06 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Texas Hot Rods

How good it is depends on your mods.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:52 PM
tuff5liter
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 92hatchLX

How good it is depends on your mods.
Trick Flow Track Heat Intake Manifold
Trick Flow valve covers
Trick Flow 70mm EGR Spacer
AFR 165cc Pedastal mount 60cc combustion chamber Cylinder heads
1.6 roller rockers
E303 cam
ARP Head studs
Nitto 555R Drag Radials (275/60R15)
Kirban Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Melling High Volume Oil Pump
ARP Oil Pump Drive Shaft
Electric Fan
MSD 6AL
MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 9mm Wires
BBK 1 5/8 headers
BBK Subframe Connectors
BBK Off-road X pipe
BBK 190 LPH fuel pump
BBK Cold Air Induction
70mm Throttle Body
24lb Injectors
75mm Mass Air Flow Sensor Calibrated for 24lb injectors
Flowmaster 2 chamber mufflers
3.73 Gears
Steeda Upper Control Arms
Granatelli Weight Jacker Lower Control Arms
Steel Bearing Retainer
Steel Clutch Fork
Old 06-20-2006, 01:13 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

It should work just fine.....
Old 06-20-2006, 01:29 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

It'll work great with your set up.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:54 PM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

Yeah, it should be pretty good w/ your setup. You'll lose some low end tq w/ it, but you'll have more top end power at higher RPMs... Get a 1" spacer if you want to get a little of the tq back. It won't make up the difference, but it should help a little by adding another inch to the runner length....
Old 06-20-2006, 03:07 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

i didn't lose any low end tq with my set up and my car pulls hard
Old 07-16-2006, 12:20 PM
texashotrods
2nd Gear Member

Hey, Just saw this...

Thanks so much and look forward to working w/ all the Mustang Forum clan!
Old 09-22-2008, 06:20 PM
vladko1

IM JUST SENDING this every where so every body knows!!BEWARE!!!!!

hi everybody,i wrote a replay once but the way i wrote it the site administrator didnt published it becuse i was a litle ruff,but i'll try that again a litle nicer.i ordered my whipple blower from texas hot rods 2 months ago,untill i order it the guy that runs the whole thing brian metsger was the nicest most helpful guy there is calling me every day,answering the emails,phone calls and everything an as soon as i made the order and paid the 5 g's for it and that was it.no returning the phone cals no answering emails no reciept nothing!i was calling like all the time and nothing finaly i got a hol of the customer service girl and she send me a reciepet,so i got calm alitle bit but after 3-4 weeks without hearing from them or my blower i called and them he told me that whipple raised their price and he wanted me to give him more money and when i told him that i ordered it before the price went up i;m not paying more,then he told me he is a kenne belle dealer and he can order me a kenne bell blower and reembursed me for the differnece so i was offered to get a set of spark plugs and a 200 check and call it a day i agreed to that too and then nothing another 4 weeks went buy... (summer is over i live in new jersey the rain season will start soon so even if i get something i'll have to wait till next summer)...AND I DECIDED TO CALL SEE WHATS UP and as i was expected no answers or nothing.finaly i got a hold of them and told him that if he doesent shipp till the end of the week i want my money back or i'll call my cards and file a dispute,all the sudden he started writing again and sending emails and he send me an email saying i your item was shipped call customer service to get tracking number i got a litle excited thats the 9th week allready and as i excpected again nothing so i called my cards and filed for dispute to get my money back nad then as soon as i called they called me and told me weell if you reliese the money we will ship your item we have it here(THAT WAS A WEEK AFTER I RECIEVED THE EMAIL THAT MY BLOWER WAS SHIPPED) .then they called me again and told me so if you want a refund i'l chatge you 25% restocking fee on something i've never seen recieved or returned to get a restocking fee?!?!??Q?SO THATS PRETTY MUCH IT GUYS THOSE PEOPLE ARE A BUNCH OF LIERS DONT WAIST YOUR MONEY TIME AND NERVES I'LL BE HAPPY IF I SEE MY MONEY AT ALL WHO EVER GET TAHT MESSAGE PLEAS SPREAD THE WORD SO EVERYBODY KNOWS ABOUT THEM THANKS FOR READING THIS
Old 09-22-2008, 06:31 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

wat ??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Texas Hot Rods