5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

LS1 notch

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 09:04 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

Default RE: LS1 notch

I like the guy selling the caradditude....read the questions....I dare you too..
Old 06-23-2007, 10:27 PM
F250sd
1st Gear Member

If I could buy that car, that LS1 and related stuff would pe put back up on ebay without the mustang. i'd rather see that mustang in the crusher than with a GM motor in it.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:34 PM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 5.0stanger

I like the guy selling the caradditude....read the questions....I dare you too..
LOL

Qeople like u should be smacked in the face for puttin a chevy motor in a ford
A:This is my 10th Mustang and my 4th 10-second car. Six of them have been in national magazines. I dare you to come smack me. You don't have the guts.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:48 PM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KOMan

i don't believe the car. the drag strip picture has a nevada plate, the other pictures have new york plates. something doesn't jive to me although an lsx mustang might be what i turn my 5.0 into even though i have several ford motors in the yard.
I noticed that too. Oh well somebody bought it.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:59 PM
ih8chevy
5th Gear Member

You kno guys I used to get mad at people who put these ls1 motors in our cars, but i started to read about the ls1 and u should not be mad. That motor is a ford motor in a chevy car, the ls1 is based almost identically off the windsor 351, same firing order intake distributor exhaust port location, and roller rocker ratio. Hot rod mag, did a build up of an ls1 and they used a carb which was a ford intake and a 302 ford distributor. that thing is by no means a chevy motor. In fact the only chevy thing on that motor is the location of the starter, and thats because the fbody chasis. so in reality the ls1 is the best ford sb out there. dont get mad, ford has been putting their motors in the fdbody for what 5 years.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:24 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: ih8chevy

You kno guys I used to get mad at people who put these ls1 motors in our cars, but i started to read about the ls1 and u should not be mad. That motor is a ford motor in a chevy car, the ls1 is based almost identically off the windsor 351, same firing order intake distributor exhaust port location, and roller rocker ratio. Hot rod mag, did a build up of an ls1 and they used a carb which was a ford intake and a 302 ford distributor. that thing is by no means a chevy motor. In fact the only chevy thing on that motor is the location of the starter, and thats because the fbody chasis. so in reality the ls1 is the best ford sb out there. dont get mad, ford has been putting their motors in the fdbody for what 5 years.
That has to be the most far fetched thing I have ever read on this site.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:01 PM
BackInBlack90LX
3rd Gear Member

ford heads wont fit on the ls1
Old 06-25-2007, 09:45 PM
ROTTITANK
3rd Gear Member

Where in the hell did u get that info from?
Old 06-25-2007, 09:54 PM
ROTTITANK
3rd Gear Member

Old 06-26-2007, 02:24 PM
KOMan
1st Gear Member

where does the distributor plug in to? i want to put a distributor on my ls2 or better yet i have a place to put my ls2 heads now, on one of the iron 351W's i have then drop that into the fox...

Quick Reply: LS1 notch