5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Weatherstrippng

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

Default Weatherstrippng

im leaking at my sunroof (small small leak) and also a very small leak at my hatch...would these be good to put in??

sunroof : http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...1&comp=LRS

doors/hatch : http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...1&comp=LRS

also, how much would a body shop charge me to put this stuff in for me?

one more thing, on my passenger side, on the floor..it rained today...and i drove the car home from work and the floor was all wet, how the hell did it get wet? is my floorboard rusted out over there?
Old 07-30-2007, 04:56 AM
neutralpinned
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Weatherstrippng

the doors and hatch ones work great, i did mine before this year's monsoon season. But the sunroof is kinda tough. If you have a leak coming from the actual glass part (you can see the leak) that weatherstripping is gonna fix you right up and it installs in like 10 minutes. If you have a leak coming from your headliner like i did, its a whole different story. there's 4 tubes that drain water from your sunroof, if one of those gets corroded and breaks, it will drip water onto your headliner from the inside(not fun). I had to replace 2 of these channels and i just redid my headliner in the process since it was all nasty and smelled bad.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:19 AM
nseoi
4th Gear Member

i have a leak in my sunroof too but its through one of the 2 bolts that holds the sunroof blacket so the weatherstripping wouldnt help me :/
Old 07-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nseoi

i have a leak in my sunroof too but its through one of the 2 bolts that holds the sunroof blacket so the weatherstripping wouldnt help me :/
yeah, mine runs through, and then comes down off of the bolts, but i can see from the outside, my weather stripping is cracked to sh*t...how much is the molding for the doors too? anyone have any sites for that?

thanks guys
Old 07-30-2007, 12:45 PM
86GreenMachine
2nd Gear Member

it maybe a rusty drain plug under one of your seats that getting yourinside soaked
Old 07-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 86GreenMachine

it maybe a rusty drain plug under one of your seats that getting yourinside soaked
alright, thanks man

my buddy offered to do the weather stripping for me, to save me some money from a body shop...can i trust him with it? is it as simple as he says it is? i just dont want him to do it, then it sucks and leaks even worse

im bringing it to the body shop on wed for an estimate