5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

got my new headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 09:28 AM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

Default got my new headlights

so i got my new headlights put in yesterday, i got the stock 3 piece standard set from 50resto with the clear corners..looks really really great. however, now, my headlights don't turn on.the parking lights come on, but when you push the switch in to put on the headlights, nothing happens. my mechanic checked my fuse box, and nothing was wrong there.

however, when you pull the multi purpose switch to flash the high beams, they come on. put you can't push it to keep the high beams on, they don't go on then.

so now, i get to bring the car back in and have them rip into the dash to check the multi purpose switch and the headlight switch. has this happened to anyone else?? is it some stupid little common thing that i can do, or can tell him to do?? thanks guys.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:33 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Default RE: got my new headlights

my only idea would be a blown fuse...which u said were all good.
whatever it is be sure to tell everyone.
its prolly just a coincidence that ur headlight switch went bad right when u put new ones in...or something like that.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

yeah that's what me and my mechanic both think it is...because my old headlights were dim as sh*t and sucked...but, when i turned the headlights on, they came on...so it can't be something real major, because an hour before i brought the car, they worked..
Old 09-08-2007, 12:38 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Hmmmm, very odd. You didn't put them in yourself?
Old 09-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

no, i was going to with the help of my buddy, but i worked at a gas station over the summer as an attendent, and helped out in the shop a lot.the mechanics there are very good, very reputable and have been around for 30+ years. they take care of me there, so i figured why not get it done professionaly..
Old 09-08-2007, 01:13 PM
91hatchgt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Albizo66

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

no, i was going to with the help of my buddy, but i worked at a gas station over the summer as an attendent, and helped out in the shop a lot.the mechanics there are very good, very reputable and have been around for 30+ years. they take care of me there, so i figured why not get it done professionaly..
because now your headlights don't work...
Old 09-08-2007, 01:29 PM
mrsneakyz28
1st Gear Member

Both ironic and comical...did they check the right fuse box?
Old 09-08-2007, 02:16 PM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

Isn't it a pretty easy job putting them in.....? Other than its a pain in the @ss to get your hands in the tight spots.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

hahaha everyone's a comedian...yes i know it is an easy job, i helped my buddy put them in his 95 5.0 when he got it, i can do it, know how to, it's easy...but i didn't have the time (college kid) or patience really, so i brought it to them..i am leaving it there all next week while i am at school and letting them look at it

...i hate being a broke college kid haha..there go my seats i was gonna get
Old 09-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

ok, update guys, picked the car up yesterday. it was the switch, and they replaced it, along with another half dozen or so wires from my dash that were all sh*tty and would have given out. my headlights are SO much brighter now, but damn..mustang headlights still suck a lot in terms of projection as compared to my parents' cars (brand new escape and galant). oh well, i'll jsut drive with my high beams on haha.

oh, and PS..i had them check my tranny fluid, and all was good, but my front right brake line is stretched out to it's limit, and abotu to break..so now my brakes can go at any time WOOOO. so no i'm dropping the car off again sunday night for them to work on during the week while i am at school...

all i want to do is buy a damn SLP catback and everything just keeps putting me behind...

Quick Reply: got my new headlights