5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

cobra r hood

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 05:55 PM
94Yellow50
4th Gear Member

Default cobra r hood

ok not sure if this is exactly the right section but i thought id try it...i have a 94 GT and ive been looking for a hood...i want to get the cobra r ...im looking for anyone whos bought one...i would like to know who you bought it from..the quality of the fiberglass...most importantly the fit....and how much...reason i ask is i have seen two cervinis on couple buddies of mine and another that didnt cost as much as cervinis on another buddies...and the fitment n finish of the cervinis hands down beat the other brand...the other one had to be modified just so it would fit and it still doesnt line up with the fenders....so ya any imput would be much appreciated...thanks
Old 09-17-2007, 10:14 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Default RE: cobra r hood

I bought a Cobra R hood off a '95 R so it fits pretty good, but i believe the Cervinis hood is finished better. If you want one like the real R hood buy it from www.hofibertrends.com. They are the company that made the hoods for Ford for the R. I'd suggest buying from one of those two places. I know HO Fibertrends taller hoods do not fit as well as the one's made for Ford because Ford held them to a tighter tolerance, but you could call and double check that before buying. HO Fibertrends hoods are $370 plus shipping, which i think is about $60.

Also the HO Fibertrends hoods come with a steel latch like the OEM hoods so you don't have to run hood pins or worry about your hood flying up.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:52 PM
94Yellow50
4th Gear Member

ok..cool thanks for the info......anyone else with a hood from them feel free to put ur opinion in...and onyx ur car is pretty sweet lookin..oh and whats the top cowl height on the one on ur car
Old 09-17-2007, 11:13 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

thanks man. Ummmm, HO Fibertrends calls it a 1.5" hood but i believe it's usually considered a 2.5" hood. All depends where you measure from.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:48 AM
94Yellow50
4th Gear Member

ok..ya i was wondering cuz i looked on there site..and they got a pic of a yellow sn with the what they call the1 1/2 and it just looked bigger than that...but thanks for the info....oh and if i didnt say it before...i like how ur cars turning out
Old 09-18-2007, 11:22 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

I bought my hood on ebay... I got really lucky with mine.

Out of the 3 hoods we ordered, mine was the only one that actually fit right... But cervinis also carries my style hood as well.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:32 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

does anyone care for the heat extractor hood on the fox? i think it looks good, im trying to decide now because im fiber glassing my own hood over this whole week. im going to do that or the cobra R hood. im not creative enough to make my own up...lol! plus i found a place the shows tips on how to make your mold.

also does anyone know where i can buy gelcoat for the top layer? i cant bondo glass the entire top side of the hood.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:47 PM
94Yellow50
4th Gear Member

lol..ya adder i dont know how lucky id get...always seems when i want something to go right with my car it manages to not lol...idk...but ya ive looked at your style and the cobra r side by side..i like urs but idk ....i guess first time i saw that one on cervinis site with the r hood i always liked it....idk..most likely ill end up givin up the extra to ensure i like what i end up with..thanks for the imput tho
Old 09-18-2007, 06:05 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94Yellow50

lol..ya adder i dont know how lucky id get...always seems when i want something to go right with my car it manages to not lol...idk...but ya ive looked at your style and the cobra r side by side..i like urs but idk ....i guess first time i saw that one on cervinis site with the r hood i always liked it....idk..most likely ill end up givin up the extra to ensure i like what i end up with..thanks for the imput tho
you're in plenty good company there, believe me.

As for how the car's turning out, thanks. Next year I'm planning 18" Saleens and smoked headlights to finish off the exterior, and maybe a Cobra rear bumper... and if a KB comes along that I like ima buy that too
Old 09-19-2007, 02:04 PM
94Yellow50
4th Gear Member

ya i think that the smoked headlights would look good on there....and honestly ..who wouldnt want a KB lol....and 18 saleens always look great on black cars imo.....

Quick Reply: cobra r hood