5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Annoying Flattery

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 10:20 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Default Annoying Flattery

I was just wondering something. I get offered, at least, once a month, by people to buy my car and or people gauging intrest in buying my car, which is not for sale. I was just wondering if you guys get thistoo. Just this morning some kid came and knocked on my door, I believe he's one of the kids (17-19 years old) that lives in the Fema trailer down the road as they've been displaced by Katrina, and asked if I was interested in selling my car as he wrecked his Mustang and wanted another one. Damn, talk about just skip all the personal car building and get a car that's partially built.I had to, of course, turn him down and told him to look around as he's sure to find a good 5.0, but serriously, this crap both flatters, and annoys the hell out of me and I just wanted to know if any of you guys get this.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:25 AM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Annoying Flattery

almost weekly
Old 09-21-2007, 10:42 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

my car doesnt look even half way close as good as yours. i have rust thats visible to the most blind people but they still offer me tons of money(like 4k or 6k which is way more than i paid). alot of the people know me so they know i take really good care of the car and i am trying to make it a beast. but i have some people randomly drive by asking me how much i want for the car.....weird? i like it, buti just smile and send them on their way...
Old 09-21-2007, 10:47 AM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

People def. admire my current car, but know one has tried to buy it yet, they probably know they could not afford it, cant go to the bank and get a loan onnice old cars, i would not consider anything lower than 15K, andbook value for a 89 is what, around $2500?When i had a notch, hatch and a 70 nova, i used to get visits all the time. I have been guilty of doing the same thing, if i see a old muscle car that has been sitting in same spot for a long time, i will ask if it is for sale.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:26 AM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

I havent had anyone ask me to buy mine in a while... been over a year, but before that people would ask me about once or twice a month, it didnt really annoy me, but it didnt happen that often
Old 09-21-2007, 12:12 PM
98MustangGT46
5th Gear Member

Mine doesnt look good enough for that type of stuff to happen yet. Theres a reason i show the passenger side in my sig. lol..
Old 09-21-2007, 12:28 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

Never been asked about buying it, just been told it is nice looking
Old 09-21-2007, 02:15 PM
ponyboy302
3rd Gear Member

i didnt own mystang for 2 weeks before some dude asked to buy it . i told me no and he says WHY NOT like friggen questioning me lol then the next week on the highway some guy started beeping just gave me the thumbs up and kept goin that i dont mind
Old 09-21-2007, 02:18 PM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

2nd day i brought mine home the neighbor startin throwin prices at me.

no one else really has asked since then. couple guys at work have thrown offers at me. thats about it
Old 09-21-2007, 05:39 PM
Red FIVE O
2nd Gear Member

these are nat as bad( annoying) as my one problem.
i was getting groceries and some queers in a ****ty box crx honda car with out a hood , mind you. yell over : hey! how much you want for it?
Its not for sale , i said. for what? to turn it into an uglyass ricerstang. mu'erfukers. and walked on.thats the only occurance.

Quick Reply: Annoying Flattery