5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Sally is sick

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Default Sally is sick

well, taking my car to CJ pony parts to have their shop look at her... I cant figure out where the short is and Ive beenlooking all week... so off to the professionals she will go...

I know I'm gonna pay out the a$$, but I need it fixed and I dont have the tools/electrical experience to do it...[]
Old 10-15-2007, 11:33 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Sally is sick

what are its symptoms???
Old 10-16-2007, 02:00 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

prolly all the probing he is doing to her and sticking his hands and fingers in places it shouldnt be.[:-]

oh wait he is talking about the car, whats the rate for the shop like 65-70 in an hour?
Old 10-16-2007, 02:06 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

I dont know the rate hopefully they are around 40 an hour...(around what most shops charge near me..).... hopefully its just a bad fusebox... I'm gonna owe the rents after this one...Ive got all of 150 bucks in the bank.... luckily it seems to be on one circut....the fuse that is on thereverselight/turn signal/top circut is shorting out... also, the radio harness looks like a monkey played with it... thus, waiting till winter break to get it put in by Extreme Audio or whatever they are called...

I'm done with electronics... I know motorwork, I can handle interior restoration/minor bodywork, but electrical is outta my leauge...

ever wonder just what the previous owners did to the car before you (the sensible person) gets it...

I still wonder just what horrors my '86 has seen before i found it...
Old 10-16-2007, 02:49 AM
ravenforbidden
2nd Gear Member

LOL I know what mine did and it doesn't make it any better to fix it.

Check your fuses if they keep shorting, it might be in the E-brake believe it or not, sometimes the wire get's loose and slips a bit then causes a short.

Just fixed mine, takes a rather peculiar set of actions to make that happen though, so it's hard to find.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:58 PM
ahittz24
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ravenforbidden

LOL I know what mine did and it doesn't make it any better to fix it.

Check your fuses if they keep shorting, it might be in the E-brake believe it or not, sometimes the wire get's loose and slips a bit then causes a short.

Just fixed mine, takes a rather peculiar set of actions to make that happen though, so it's hard to find.
I think its common knowledge now that listening to you or even reading your posts on this site can only result in bad things. You give out completely wrong information and the mysterious fictional world that you live in is a far better place for you than you being on mustangforums.com. Please do not reply to anything unless you have structural knowledge of what you are talking about. I have searched for the word now and all I can think of is you are a moron.

Your ebrake completes a ground circuit when it is engaged. Ergo you cannot short out a circuit by your ebrake wire "slipping a bit"

Please go play in heavy traffic and have a wonderful day.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:14 PM
patrickfxck
1st Gear Member

check for bare wires behind your radio if its a mess, i had a short and thats the first place i looked, and had a bad wire.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:05 PM
PJB
5th Gear Member

Im having electrical issues with mine too.
Theyre nearly impossible to find.