5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

IM A COMPLETE DUMB A$$

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 01:11 AM
BlackLX_92
2nd Gear Member

Default IM A COMPLETE DUMB A$$

OMG....i spent all day last friday pulling the motor on my 92 LX hatch it wasnt running right and i thought the cam gear was off a tooth...turns out it is fine and everything about the motor was fine....you know why it wasnt running right? i was useing the wrong MF'n fireing order what could have costed $0 and almost no time has so far costed about $70 and 2 days and i broke a bolt that held the cam retainer onandgot toget a new one of those and still have to buy some gaskets and put the motor back in the car but im going to go ahead and replace the clutch while its out and i guess i cant get too mad at my self it is the first motor i have ever rebuilt (i bought it torn down to a short block had to put stock cam back in) but it really is my first engine build and i guessyou dolearn by your mistakes but when i do get it back together i think she'll scream and im hopeing itll enialate my friends 80' Camaro im tired of him thinking his gay *** chevy is the fastest thing around i think its time that a blue oval boy shows him how its done!!
Old 10-17-2007, 01:15 AM
tom29
1st Gear Member

Default RE: IM A COMPLETE DUMB A$$

Talk about learning things the Hard way
Old 10-17-2007, 01:36 AM
BlackLX_92
2nd Gear Member

no kidding right lol bytw any1 know where i can get one of those bolts i broke for the cam retention plate?
Old 10-17-2007, 01:48 AM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

haha wow man thats a first im surprised no one told you to check your firing order. when the car is running like complete *** always check firing order make sure all the connections are good and then check your timing
Old 10-17-2007, 04:12 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

must suck to be impatient and illogical
Old 10-17-2007, 07:04 AM
creekrat
3rd Gear Member

Did you bother to ask a couple questons before taking the motor back out? Even if it were the cam gear, there would have been no reason for removing the motor. Next time ask a few questions here! Alot of people have some very good advice!
Old 10-17-2007, 10:05 AM
chath_brick
3rd Gear Member

well, the first thing he should do is find the period key...its right under the "L."

but yeah that really blows, i guess next time you'll check the easy stuff before pulling your motor [&:]
Old 10-17-2007, 10:14 AM
Vegasfilter
3rd Gear Member

.......................please for the love of god.................................
Old 10-17-2007, 12:28 PM
BlackLX_92
2nd Gear Member

i did ask questions just no one on here would give me a straight answer and most people were telling me it was most likely my cam gear was off a tooth and it was alot easyer to get to the bolts to take the timeing chain cover off by pulling the motor
Old 10-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Gary H
4th Gear Member

Um, in your other post you said you were 100% sure the firing order was right. I even posted both firing orders.

Quick Reply: IM A COMPLETE DUMB A$$