5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

What do you think about ebay???

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 04:07 PM
hillbilly pony
3rd Gear Member

Default What do you think about ebay???

Now before everyone gets all giddy and stuff....

I know there is truth to the statement that you get what you pay for. However what about the little guys who are trying to break into the various markets. such as ACC a sponsor on this forum. their converters are VERY inexpensive compared to some others there is a company thats sells a C-4 with converter for 1100. Just curious if anyone has experience with anything like this/
Old 11-21-2007, 04:31 PM
PJB
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What do you think about ebay???

Their converters are crap.
Ive got one in my car and its junk with less than 1k on it. It never stalled right and now it doesnt work the way it should at all.
I had a mechanic check out my car and he said the converter is definately shot.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:08 PM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

Ebay ftw! Just depends on the company that's selling on there I suppose. I bought a turbo rebuild kit with the wrong size bearings & the guy replaced them free for free with the right size bearings. Got an sn95 130 amp alt for $15 that works wonders. Sn95 electric fan for $5. Rearend gears for $8. 255lph fuel pump for $60. Every single one of the parts I've ever got work perfect, but I know some sellers on there are out to screw you. I'd say take a look at their reviews & google them if it's a larger company.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:19 PM
hillbilly pony
3rd Gear Member

Thats kind of what i have done...i cant lie ive bought most of my stuff on ebay. it was however scat and world products and things like that. i was just trying to see if there was really a bias against ebay.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:29 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

yea...it's gotten to where you can't really get a smokin' deal and someone always sharks the bid!!!.....I don't buy much on ebay any more...I just sell there.....If I have to pay more than 50% of the cost of a items original value...screw it!! I'll pay the extra for the new product with a warranty
Old 11-21-2007, 06:29 PM
8banger
4th Gear Member

I love ebay....for the most part...here lately seems alot offriendsof the sellerare helping PUSH the selling price........as high as possible...I've seen stuff go more for used than you can but it new!....But hey...I picked up a new set of motive 4.10's and a complete bearing kit(also new) for buynow 85.00...bucks!Some good deals, some not so good...I usually have a set price on what I'm willing to give for a particular item ,,and leave it at that .Win it fine, if not,try again..
Old 11-21-2007, 06:51 PM
steel1
2nd Gear Member

Like anything else you just have to be careful, always check the feedback rating and do product research. I think the bid process definately gets tainted with fake bids, but it is a cool concept when it isn't abused. I've bought and sold on e-bay and am overall happy with it. I actually sold a 65 Plymouth satellite big block 383 car, to a guy from Ontario. He paid 1k without seeing it in person, made the10hr. ride to CT.with a trailer, paid the remainder and trailered it back. Now I'm an honest guy, but I'm sure there's quite a few sellers on there that aren't.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:06 PM
Cad T Bird 500

I sell a lot on eBay and also buy some. It's a better place to sell than buy but at least you can find stuff.

I needed a driver's side tail light for my 88 and got one for $30 or with shipping $42. But now there's someone on craigslist with both tail lights for $50 so I got it too soon.

So I went to see the guy and ended up buying the tail light, steering wheel (no cruise), set of ten hole wheels/tires and 11 inch brakes and spindles for $300. So now I have 3 tail lights and I spent $342. How that for impulse shopping.

I guess I learned if you need something maybe you should put a wanted ad on Craigslist first.

TED
Old 11-21-2007, 08:26 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

i buy and sell ive got about 53 transaction with 100% feedback i just read the feedback and check tp so how they got it. if it was a bunch of piddly items that cost a couple bucks i shy away
Old 11-21-2007, 08:41 PM
hillbilly pony
3rd Gear Member

Its guys like us though who do honestly sell good but used stuff that make it possible to get good deals. MJR you hit it dead on the head. There was a 9" slightly narrowed rear housing only the still had the exact mounting locations for a standard 8.8. when i saw it the bid was at like 60ish. within 2 or 3 days which ever the final bid was like 600. right that wasnt jacked

Quick Reply: What do you think about ebay???