5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Procharger....

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 03:58 PM
greenstreak9205
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Procharger....

samseed didn't put it in the fenderwell cuz there was no room. at least thats what i remember him saying. the shock tower got in the way and thast why he went with the little chode air filter
Old 12-19-2007, 06:44 PM
RODRIGUEZ
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bikeboy587

hooked on a procharger, it would be d1 or turbo. the procharger kit just dont look....clean i guess it the word, with the filter just thrown into the engine bay...you def need a intercooler since it is right above the headers sucking all that hot air in
Yup
Old 12-19-2007, 07:46 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: bighungrymatt

Yeah I remember seeing pictures of samseeds car. its a good idea... I dont know why procharger doesnt do some research and development and fix it... on my fox the air filter goes into my fenderwell
Matt, lets see some pics of your underhood!
Old 12-20-2007, 08:54 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: greenstreak9205

samseed didn't put it in the fenderwell cuz there was no room. at least thats what i remember him saying. the shock tower got in the way and thast why he went with the little chode air filter
You are correct. No matter what I tried to do, tehre was no way it was gonna clear and make that turn into teh fenderwell. Hence the reason I went with the smaller filter (as a bonus, it was only $20 and flowed pretty good!)

However, There was a way to kind of make it get into the fender. First swap to teh smaller APC filter like I did. It's only smaller in length, it actualyl has a rather large surface area so it's not restrictive. Then cut a hole into the inner fender. After that, just sort of "box off" the air filter so that it draws ait from the fenderwell hole isntead of the engine bay. Similar to how this CAI works:

Here's what my filter looked like:

Old 12-20-2007, 10:52 PM
greenstreak9205
4th Gear Member

GOD HAS SPOKE! so how goes it anyway sam?
Old 12-26-2007, 08:02 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

GOD HAS SPOKE! so how goes it anyway sam?
LoL, busy as all hell at work. People seem to have gone crazy lately. Just had to deal with the GF's brother over the long holiday weekend. I'm embarassed actually... He had a Scion TC parked in my driveway all weekend And even worse, it had a fartcan exhaust. He has been talking trash about it the entire time saying how fast it is, how loud it is, etc.

He can't officially say how fast it is now because he got the fartcan exhaust. So it's not stock anymore and it has more power (LoL.) But he did run it at the track before he got the exhaust put in. He was bragging about how it was fast and he actually Broke Out in bracket racing!

Ok, so it was true that he did break out. But he broke out by running a 16.29... dialed in at 16.5. Now tell me, if you were running 16's all day, would you brag about it? LMAO. Yet for some reason, he seems to think that the exhaust is going to make him some badass on the streets all of a sudden.

I felt slow running low to mid 11s. I sure as hell wouldn't brag about 16s! But it did give me an inside view of the world of rice and how it works... He actually pulls up next to other ricers and they take turns reving to see who is louder. And if you're louder then you're "better." That explains a lot...when they used to pull up next to me and rev. I knew they didn't stand a chance in a real race, so why bother? Well now I know... I guess I've been "losing" the entire time

Old 12-26-2007, 10:03 PM
QatarStang
4th Gear Member

LOL at your girlfriend's brother.

Stupid ricers
Old 12-26-2007, 10:11 PM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

samseed hahahah i guess ive been "loseing" too.. haha i feel slow running a 14.1 well cuz it is slow.. lol but i dont go braggin about it sayin im all fast and shyt like them ricers
Old 12-27-2007, 04:11 AM
bikeboy587
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samseed101

You are correct. No matter what I tried to do, tehre was no way it was gonna clear and make that turn into teh fenderwell. Hence the reason I went with the smaller filter (as a bonus, it was only $20 and flowed pretty good!)

However, There was a way to kind of make it get into the fender. First swap to teh smaller APC filter like I did. It's only smaller in length, it actualyl has a rather large surface area so it's not restrictive. Then cut a hole into the inner fender. After that, just sort of "box off" the air filter so that it draws ait from the fenderwell hole isntead of the engine bay. Similar to how this CAI works:

Here's what my filter looked like:

[/align][/align][/align]Thanks Sam, where did you get that little filter from? brand?[/align]
Old 12-27-2007, 05:42 PM
greenstreak9205
4th Gear Member

im not tryin to speak for sam or anything but i kno he's kinda busy with everything else. but...IIRC it was some inexpesive apc (or some brand like that) filter from the corner autoparts store or something like that

Quick Reply: Procharger....