5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

no more 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 10:54 PM
89Ford
4th Gear Member

Default RE: no more 5.0

sounds like you made out well. ive heard of 4.6 factory blocks with upward of 1000hp, but only heard of it never seen it. factory 5.0's split around 500-600hp.

you could get into the mid-high 13's NA with that car if its 5-speed, without a pi swap, but look into a pi swap if you plan to go much faster.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:28 PM
splash21
2nd Gear Member

im lookint to stay pretty much stock for now. its nice to have a daily driver that can be just that. ill do minor mods here and there butnothing huge any time soon. it was a pretty good deal but as it turns out the guy that bought it (after looking it over and test driving it) doesnt want it any more. he claims that a piece of the subframe on the pass side in front of the wheels is gone. like the whole piece of steel is gone or something. i never noticed it before and drove the car from detroit to tennessee and back and had no problems. then said the k member is all effed up. and said he will turn me into the DMV for selling an unsafe vehicle to him. yet i didnt know for one and two he looked it over front back up and down himself and HE set the deal not me. then continued to tell me little things wrong with the car i got after i had already taken over ownership of it. but the car is in my name now titled and plated so i dont think there is anything he can do. he asked me to get a piece of steel and help him weld it in and i said if its that bad yeah id help em because i didnt know and now hes claiming he wants parts or money to make up for it. isnt that kind of like blackmail?
Old 01-08-2008, 09:42 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

The dude bought a used car. In the contract i'm assuming you put "Sold as is". I don't know what the laws are where you live. If he looked it over and traded, he obviously is not too savvy on cars, he should have brought a friend. There could be a statute of limitations, like maybe it is his right to demand money back within 30 days. Look into the laws in your state and if there is something like that just try to put him off untill the time runs out. This is my feeling on the subject but if you did something underhanded then my opinion would be to try and make it right, but we only have your side of the story, and with that i say it is not your responsibility. I alway's put sold as is and no warranty implied. I'm not saying you knew anything was wrong but i will always disclose any bad things wrong with car before selling.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:43 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: splash21

im lookint to stay pretty much stock for now. its nice to have a daily driver that can be just that. ill do minor mods here and there butnothing huge any time soon. it was a pretty good deal but as it turns out the guy that bought it (after looking it over and test driving it) doesnt want it any more. he claims that a piece of the subframe on the pass side in front of the wheels is gone. like the whole piece of steel is gone or something. i never noticed it before and drove the car from detroit to tennessee and back and had no problems. then said the k member is all effed up. and said he will turn me into the DMV for selling an unsafe vehicle to him. yet i didnt know for one and two he looked it over front back up and down himself and HE set the deal not me. then continued to tell me little things wrong with the car i got after i had already taken over ownership of it. but the car is in my name now titled and plated so i dont think there is anything he can do. he asked me to get a piece of steel and help him weld it in and i said if its that bad yeah id help em because i didnt know and now hes claiming he wants parts or money to make up for it. isnt that kind of like blackmail?
F him!! I deal with people like him all day everyday...you sold it "as is" where is right??? meaning no written , expressed or implied warranty!! heck some brotha came in last week with their explorer knockin and makin' all sorts of noise and wanted to know what it was....long story short it was the timing chain guide rails broken.....when he went to pick it up it wouldn't start without the foot on the gas.....long story short while crankin it it jumped time cause of the broken guide rails......the as*hole had the nerve to call us after hours and blame us for the new problem and said that when he brought the car in it would at least run and now we must of done something to f it up so we should now fix it for free!!!by brother who is the service manager after trying to explain to the brotha after 15 min final hung up on him cause he got tired of listening to being blaimed for the as*holes self inflicted prob on a 160 k milage non maintained piece of crap.......I' wouldn't give him anything you don't have too!! buyer beware !!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:07 PM
95vertGTS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: splash21

I'd say you made out pretty well if you keep it, which if y'all agreed on it and he checked it out, then it's his car/problem.

But on the other hand I do have to remind you my dad told you not only that it's been wrecked really bad, but something else wasn't right with the front end. In other words you knew. I don't see how you didn't know before that if you really did undercoat itas oftenas you told me.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:02 PM
splash21
2nd Gear Member

but if you remember also i said that i only undercoated from behind the front wheels. i never got it up on a rack. i told him that there was a crinkle in the fender and i that i didnt know what it was exactly. i told him everything i knew was wrong witht he car. he crawled under the car and everything popped the hood and looked over everything for at least 30 mins one time. came back the next day he test drove and looked again for a little while. i didnt know what was wrong with it and told em the front sagged a bit. but it was an AS IS deal. and on top of that he was title hopping, meaning he didnt switch the title when he bought it so it went from the owner before him to me. it was never documented in his name therefore giving up all legal right to the car in itself. i told him i would help him fix it being as i didnt know it was like that and i felt bad. had i known i would have told him and or fixed it. but him blackmailing me into giving him money isnt going to fly with me like that. if you look over a car yourself and take delivery on it; it is your responsibility. like i said before he set the deal. the deal at first was straight up and then he seen a few minor things with my car and said hed need cash so i threw that in. that is what he asked for and he got HIS deal
Old 01-08-2008, 11:03 PM
splash21
2nd Gear Member

oh and i almost forgot. he assured me that his abs light was on because of a bad sensor and that he had it checked and that is deff not it, therefore he decieved me. i know it is nothing big(that i know of) but still he purposely lied to me to make the deal
Old 01-08-2008, 11:21 PM
89Ford
4th Gear Member

If you lied about just one thing about the car, than the contract is void. ex If he were to ask if it was in an accident and you say no, but you know it was. By says no that it was never in an accident you are agreeing to a contract, so if he is to find out you were lying than the contract is void and you would lose if he sued you. Verbal contracts are as good and written ones so becareful what you say and what is said to you in those types of situations
Old 01-08-2008, 11:45 PM
splash21
2nd Gear Member

i know the laws about this. if i didnt know an answer to any of his questions i told him, "i honestly dont know". and i told him exactly what i know was wrong with it. i pointed things out to him and let him go over the car. i did not lie to him about anything at all. he kept saying honestly i love your car bro but i need some cash with it. so i put up the cash we made the deal and went our ways. i even told him i would help him with a problem that is not my responsibility at all. i didnt know it was there and kind of feel bad about it. he asked me to come weld in a piece of steel where it needs to be and i said ill try and get the steel but i dont know if i can get it, but i would be more then happy to weld it in for you if i can. now he is saying if i dont give him money or parts he can sell he will turn me in for selling an unsafe car. im not too worried about it because i told him it is as is as he told me about his car. he also told me he planned to put it in the garage and pull it all apart and redo everyting on it front to back. which then covers the part of the law saying it met the requirements of what it was intended for.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:25 AM
lxman1
4th Gear Member

He's just trying to get something for nothing. He screwed up and now is trying to cover his losses. Technically he sold you someone elses car, that's illegal too. I would weld in the piece that he wants and then tell him to f- off. As is means as-is. What a moron.

Quick Reply: no more 5.0