5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

screwed

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 03:18 PM
mustang86
1st Gear Member

Default screwed

well after months and months and months of searching for my car i finaly found it, trashed, and totaly ****ED. my car was at my moms house cause i was putting a new clutch, tranny, and tranny mount on and i got it all installed and drove great, tested out the slicks i got for free ran it a couple times and that was the last i got to see it...she moved and i lost contact with her and with out her i couldnt get my car, well today i finaly got ahold of the guy who has it and went out to see what it was lik........this is the sad part, they didnt cover it up and weve been getting alot of snow so it got all inside the car cause the windsheild had been taken out before she moved cause it was busted. the carpet had been ripped out already casue it was no good new floorboards put in well those are now rusted worse then the old ones. but the thing that scares me the most is the radiator lines are froze stiff, the streeing seems to be frozen, they busted my ignition out to move it yet they still asked for the keys.....im so lost on what to do its a totaly bag of sh*t now but it was my first car so what do you guys think i should do, my buddy aked me if it was even worth salvaging, and since my linbes are frozen does that mean absolute cracked block and how do i check to see if its cracked. im soo pissed yet so confused on what to do......[&o][&o]
Old 01-19-2008, 03:42 PM
monkeyboy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: screwed

Sounds like a bad deal.
As for the snow getting in. If the rust is just surface rust.... just clean it off with some wire brushes and put a good coat of rustoleum on then. It should be okay.
As for the radiator and stuff. The radiator is probably busted. And the block might be okay. That's part of the reason manufactures put freeze plugs in the blocks. Usually it will pop out the freeze plugs before it damages the block. And I wouldn't think the steering would be frozen. It might be that whoever busted out the ignition cylinder messed up the ignition lock for the cylinder.
And for the ignition cylinder.... Depending on how bad they busted it up. You might be able to just go to the parts store and put a new one in. Worse case would be have to change the steering column.
How long did the car sit? If your mom moved and it sat for more than 30days your lucky. I think after someome leaves anything on a sold or vacated property for more than 30days. Whoever owns the property by law can take over possesion of it. But the whole deal sounds really crappy anyways.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:46 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

Maybe it is just me in the dark, but how did you lose your car?
Old 01-19-2008, 03:56 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

yeah I don't get that whole thing about your mom leaving / moving and where were you?? sounds like your mom is a real piece of work and cares for you!![&:]
Old 01-19-2008, 03:58 PM
mustang86
1st Gear Member

the car sat for pretty much all winter, she moved a little before winter came and she had the car moved to a *freinds* house, so when i went to go out there everything was gone, like she uped and moved without telling anyone, so i go out there and my cars gone thats how i lost it, then it took me forever to find her *we really dont comunicate* so when i did i got the guy who had its number called him and took me forever to get ahold of him, so when i did and finaly got out there, it was trashed....
the ignition all they did was poped out where the key goes but as hard as i tried the wheels werent moving, i even tried pushing it with my other car and had a freind try to move the steering and it wasnt having it...
ohh and to add on to all of this they tore out my power steering so i think they were gonna just start selling things or something
Old 01-19-2008, 04:03 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

Your mom sucks and the guy watching it sounds like a peice too.....no glass, F it, let it sit......I would sue her.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:42 PM
mustang86
1st Gear Member

all im worried about really now that i know the car is pretty muched ****ed, is the motor, ive got alot in it just stock parts, new alt., belt, plugs, wires, dis. how do i know if the block is cracked i just found a 90 hatch for 300 ready for a motor to go in, it was a 4 cyl. but thats no problem i just need to find out if this motor is still good or not.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:00 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

Only think you can do is thaw it out and either run it and see if there is a problem or thaw it out and pressure test it.....I think running it would be the easier way.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:14 PM
mustang86
1st Gear Member

well as soon as i get it moved to a more safe place ill work on thawing it out and try starting it, thanks for the help!!!!
Old 01-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

good luck man, is that the t-top your talkin about?

hope the t-top glass isnt broken, those panels are expensive if you are lucky to find them

Quick Reply: screwed