5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Mac catback?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Mac catback?

ORIGINAL: OnyxCobra

SLP is not the only good sounding exhaust, depending on who you ask it may be towards the bottom of the list. Mac sounds great for a decent price. Often times though it's worth spending a lil extra money for what you like the best.
i agree 100% onyx...i was simply stating my opinion, but didnt put IMO...and i knoe shelty, like me, has been talking about and wanting SLP for awhile..thats why i said what i did
Old 04-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Albizo66

SLP is not the only good sounding exhaust, depending on who you ask it may be towards the bottom of the list. Mac sounds great for a decent price. Often times though it's worth spending a lil extra money for what you like the best.
i agree 100% onyx...i was simply stating my opinion, but didnt put IMO...and i knoe shelty, like me, has been talking about and wanting SLP for awhile..thats why i said what i did
I do admire the craftmanship of the SLP system as well as the sound. If I were to get my ins. deductible back from when my car got vandalized wayyy back in october, I'd beable to pick up the SLP tomorrow, but the loser who did the deed had a month to pay me back, and its been almost 2 months since the court date and still no money... I could care less about him, I just want my money back....

I have only another 100-140 bucks to save up for the Mac system but I havnt made my mind up yet... I really want to trash the side exhaust
Old 04-04-2008, 02:34 AM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

I have mac on my car and it sounds awesome the only thing I would trade is for is JBA, but jba doesnt make a catback for fox's
Old 04-04-2008, 06:21 AM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Albizo66

it's cool man, obviously if you're saying it it's your opinion
Old 04-04-2008, 10:11 AM
bikeboy587
4th Gear Member

I would not go with MAC bec I had a MAC catback on my last car, a 96 v6, and it rusted from the inside out and the baffles were rattling around inside the mufflers. All at two years from putting them on brand new...
Old 04-04-2008, 10:32 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

I would have ran flowmasters but when I went to get them Latemodel was out of stock so I said screw it and be different and went with the MACs.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:28 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Shelty, have you contacted Brenspeed? He is a sponser and carries both systems. You tell him you're a member here, you get some type of discount
Old 04-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

Shelty, have you contacted Brenspeed? He is a sponser and carries both systems. You tell him you're a member here, you get some type of discount

thanks for the tip Pro, I havnt looked at his website, thanks
Old 04-04-2008, 01:02 PM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

I bought mine from Fast Toys, they were having a sale on them.. I got it for cheap!
Old 04-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

I like how brenspeed has free shipping, I'll go throughthem instead of CJ pony parts, who only has free shipping on non oversize stuff, and I am pretty sure a catback, even dissasembled, is oversized

Quick Reply: Mac catback?