5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

new fox

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 02:09 AM
silver83stang

Default new fox

hey all I have jus been able to get a hold of a '83 mustang 5.0 and bringing it back to life here a couple of picks that I have taken there will be some jus need some input on one thing which I will show in a few pics

here she is 1983 mustang gt 5.0 never been touched in some 10 or more years sitting in my dads (who is the original owner) garage when I offered to take it off his hands.

I don't know if anyone can see this next pic but here it is suppose to be the mileage which reads 73,271 miles that are all original

and under the hood is the heart of this beast

now for the bad part it does not run and there is a crack on the splash shield. I am trying to find a replacement for it but have been comin up dry with places that have discontinued that part. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas where to find a used or new as I am havin a difficult time at the local pick and pulls to find one that is not heavily damaged

thanks again I will be posting more pics of the repairs that are goin to be done to the 5.0
Old 04-14-2008, 02:51 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

Default RE: new fox

50resto.com
mustangsunlimited
mps maybe?
Old 04-14-2008, 02:07 PM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

good luck finding the parts... car looks nice
Old 04-16-2008, 12:09 AM
silver83stang

thanks for the sites I hope to be hearing from their sales reps soon as for now I am jus gonna keep on fixin her up until than thanks again and be on the watch as I will post more pics when I get a chance
Old 04-16-2008, 12:34 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

ive got a splash sheild dont know what side though off an 84
Old 04-16-2008, 01:43 AM
JalapenoNotch0
1st Gear Member

Love the 4 eye!
Old 04-16-2008, 05:20 AM
ArmchairDeity
1st Gear Member

Who says the 80s were devoid of any decent cars? Looks nice!

Is that steel or aluminum? Can you weld it or have it welded?
Old 04-16-2008, 09:36 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

looks clean for sitting so long

any plans for it or is she staying original?
Old 04-16-2008, 07:49 PM
silver83stang

thanks for the replies guys.

rmodel65, would you be willing to part with the splash shield if it was the one I am looking for, which is the front driver side splash shield.

ArmchairDeity,
the splash shield appears to be plastic here is a better pic where you can see the difference in material a lil better

Shelty, since I live in the smog ***** state of california I am pretty limited as to which engine modifications I would be legally allowed to do, however what they don't know won't hurt either. as for everything else i am havin a 5lug conversion done as the original brakes were 9 inchers up front and small drums out back, swicting out the 7.5 for the 8.8 with 3.55 gears as i plan on reusing the 4 speed manual trans and I am looking at rear suspension setups. for far I like the idea of a watts link style setup by evolution motorsposrts as opposed to a panhard bar. more because the city I live in has these nice whindy roads to let loose on. as for everything else I like the look of the body and the factory color is in great shape. interior wise its good except or the driver and passanger seats that are in good shape but mechanically busted so I will be looking at new seats as well and the headliner thats coming off otherwise its all there no cracks in the dash, rear seats are in.

thanks again I will try to have more pics on the progress but may be limited to my time as a member of my family jus passed on

Old 04-16-2008, 07:56 PM
lxman1
4th Gear Member

Nice ride

Quick Reply: new fox