5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Which is better?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 09:29 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Which is better?

^^^You fail at life^^^

In all seriousness though, I wouldn't do a SC. I'm very bias towards turbo's as they have proven to be much better in what I want to use the car for. And yes, I've done roots, twin screw, centrifugal, single turbo and twin turbo vehicles, and I have been much happier with single turbo systems.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:32 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

Just s/c it
Old 04-20-2008, 10:13 PM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

347 dammit. Build the power n/a, less crap to go wrong. The mileage won't be as good though.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:24 PM
.boB
3rd Gear Member

It all depends on what you're going to do with it. FI is not good on a road racing or conebashing car. But, it's great on a drag car.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:57 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: .boB

It all depends on what you're going to do with it. FI is not good on a road racing or conebashing car. But, it's great on a drag car.
What? Please explain on how you think it's not good for AutoX. Unless you mean big turbo. Other than that blowers will provide great low end torque to power out of turns much better than N/A will for a fraction of the cost.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:22 PM
.boB
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TRexGAWD

ORIGINAL: .boB

What? Please explain on how you think it's not good for AutoX. Unless you mean big turbo. Other than that blowers will provide great low end torque to power out of turns much better than N/A will for a fraction of the cost.
Yeah, and that's the problem. The cone bashers generally avoid FI on bigger engines because it does make such great low end torque. Tends to make the car spin out easier, and lowers lap times. They're good on smaller engine that don't make much lowe end torque to begin with.

They are not good on a road course for two reasons. First, FI can be very difficult to tune correctly for the broad operating range. If you have lots of money to hire pros, then you can make good power. Second, heat soaking is a real problem there. Your lap times will gradually decrease as things get hotter.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:32 PM
RODRIGUEZ
3rd Gear Member

S/C