5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Anyone know where to get interior panels?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 10:29 AM
05 Dark Horse

Default Anyone know where to get interior panels?

I have an 88 GT I am working on restoring, someone along the lines decided to cut panels to get to things instead of removing them. I am curious as to if anyone knows of site where I can order new plastic panels for this car. I only want either gray or black, not really a fan of the other colors available.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:48 AM
brentloftis
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone know where to get interior panels?

50resto.com, ebay, craigslist, the for sale section,and my favorite.... the junk yard. I finished my interior with the of pretty much all the above and we have the same project so it can be done.

Word of advice, if buying new items on ebayask the seller for as many pictures as possible.....and READ all the details, ended up with black door panels instead of the gray in the pictures. I think in a previous post you mentioned the carpet was fine but if you do replaceit also ask for samples before you buy,ended upreturning 2 before getting the right shade.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:48 AM
OneFine89Mustang
4th Gear Member

cjponyparts.com they have everything u need interioir to the exterioir
Old 05-03-2008, 12:23 PM
89Ford
4th Gear Member

your best bet is either a junk yard or ebay, no one i know of make the panels new yet. You may be able to try cjponyparts but you'll have to call, I know they have a junk yard of their own so they might have it.

good luck
Old 05-03-2008, 12:36 PM
bdptcob
2nd Gear Member

I painted my red panels and console using plastic/vinyl paint. It looks pretty good but when it scratches, you can see the red underneath. Just have to touch it up. I did just get a black dash off ebay though.
**Nevermind, I see you said someone cut yours.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Boosted5.slow
1st Gear Member

LOl i just stripped my car completly out and threw it all away ive been trying to sell that crap for a while
Old 05-03-2008, 07:23 PM
05 Dark Horse

lol...doesn't it figure...gets thrown away right before someone comes by who wants it...I will definitely take this all into consideration, I wish there was someone out there who made these panels new, I see I can get just about EVERYTHING I need from a combination of 50resto and cjponyparts...except these panels and the dashboard. Seems almost all of the plastic panels are impossible to find. I will definitely try calling cjponyparts to see if they have my panels, thanks for that idea 89ford. I will also keep the asking a lot of questions and asking for pics brentloftis, is yours finished yet?
Old 05-03-2008, 09:24 PM
brentloftis
2nd Gear Member

My interior is pretty much done except the door panels although they are starting to grow on me..... rest of interior is gray except the ash gray carpet that looks more black than gray...... live and learn I guess... the engine work is complete, pretty much stock, and she runs perfect, better than mydaily driver.

I am just at a stand still right now with it as it needs paint and a top, other emergency expenses came up, so she sits for now.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:49 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

50resto.com will have most of all the interior stuff you will need.. that's who I used to put my 85 back up to par!!
Old 05-03-2008, 09:57 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

junkyard definetly, IF you can find them in good condition.

Quick Reply: Anyone know where to get interior panels?