5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Notch Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

Default Notch Build Thread

startin a new thread dedicated solely to pictures/updates and news on my swapping of my wrecked GT stuff into the rolling notch i bought.

link to old crashed my stang thread, so you new readers know what happened and can catch up.. https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion/452319-ugh-crashed-my-stang-notch-build-thread.html

so far, the engine, tranny, seats, center console, and 140 mph cluster are out of the GT. and the 8.8 rear and rear suspension is in the notch. one of my strange shocks got f*cked up during the rear swap, so i have one on order from summit. by the end of next week, my entire chasis should be done (rear end, fuel lines, fuel tank, front end, etc.) that should all be done by the end of next week.

i go back to school on tuesday (8/26) so i will have more updates for you guys, but not many more pictures (ill try to get as many as possible).

these are pics i took the other day (before the rear end was put in)..

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...e&conn_speed=1

the last pic of the red LX hatch is my buddys. hes the one doing all the swapping, along with a coworker of his.

these are pics of all the new parts i bought for the swap:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...e&conn_speed=1

Last edited by Albizo66; 08-23-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

looks goo so far...
Old 08-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Explosive

Looking good, I thought the notch was red for some reason.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

just a little update...the rear end is in, with suspension and all...the fuel tank is in, and all fuel lines..the entire chasis should be done already, but he ran into a problem with my front control arms...so i got to spend f*ckin like 280 bucks on them from 50resto...

this week he is gonna do my brake booster, brake lines, get all my brakes working..put in the clutch pedal (the notch was an auto), put in my new clutch, put my new headers on the engine, new motor mount on it, and a new oil pan gasket..and if all goes well, the engine will probably get dropped in this week too..and if all REALLY goes smoothly, the tranny might get put in too.

ill have more updates after the next time he calls me to tell me whats up..
Old 09-01-2008, 10:31 AM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

i didnt get to see a thread about you crashing the blue one, but that doesn't look even close to being totaled. why not fix it
Old 09-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mattdel
i didnt get to see a thread about you crashing the blue one, but that doesn't look even close to being totaled. why not fix it

i had a real good amount of frame damage...and just didnt feel like putting up with all that hassle..yeah, it can be straightened..but then if i get into another crash with it..itll crinkle worse than before..and im a college kid, so the $$ isn't exactly growin on trees for me..i make 11 bucks an hour at my job, but it would have cost me more to fix mine than it will to do all this to the notch..
Old 09-01-2008, 04:19 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

And this whole complete swap over isn't costing an arm and a leg??? so what does your buddy get out of the whole deal?? if he's doing it for 2 cents on the dollar then you got a sweet deal and I'd say he's an idiot then but I don't know the deal you have so just an assumption
Old 09-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
And this whole complete swap over isn't costing an arm and a leg??? so what does your buddy get out of the whole deal?? if he's doing it for 2 cents on the dollar then you got a sweet deal and I'd say he's an idiot then but I don't know the deal you have so just an assumption
the car cost me 1750...the swap is costing me 1200 (plus parts that i ordered that needed to be replaced, or that i upgraded)
Old 09-02-2008, 12:23 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Albizo66
the car cost me 1750...the swap is costing me 1200 (plus parts that i ordered that needed to be replaced, or that i upgraded)
thats a fair chunk of change...

really wanted a notch?
Old 09-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

actually shelty, i didnt like notches at all...but this was my only option, and i am starting to like notches more and more by the day...

update: the engine is in, transmission is in, all suspenison, fuel, brakes are done, clutch pedal was put into car..its not running yet, all the wiring harnesses and computer still needs to be put in...he wants it running by the end of this week...will probably be like 2 or 3 weeks and ill have it back

took only a few pics, waiting for my sister to upload them and e mail them to me (im at college) and once she does, ill post them up..

Quick Reply: Notch Build Thread