5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Next Mod

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 12:08 PM
SteveSkal
2nd Gear Member

Default Next Mod

So I just finished putting my Eibach springs in this weekend and I had ordered a Walbro 255lph in tank pump which should be here this week so I have next weekends project planned out. Man, when you buy a Stang with nothing done to it there are just SOOOO many things you want to do to it right away, but everything just takes time and of course money :-)
Old 09-15-2008, 12:10 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

why did you get a fuel pump? something wrong with yours?

pics of the install, before, and after? which eibachs did you go with?
Old 09-15-2008, 12:23 PM
SteveSkal
2nd Gear Member

I'll get some pics up, its the Pro Kit. As for the fuel pump I can hear a little bit of a whine coming from my current stock pump so figured I'd do it before the car leaves me stranded LOL, plus before I start digging into the engine and modifying I'd like to have the fuel system up to snuff, I'll probably get a Kirban adjustable FPR also before starting the big mods.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:30 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

i'm pretty sure they all whine when they kick on...mine does at least.

i assume the spring install went smoothly? just be glad you didnt have to install a set of drag springs. they are the biggest PITA that i've come across on this car yet.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:42 PM
SteveSkal
2nd Gear Member

Oh yeah they all make a wine as soon as you kick on the ignition to prime themselves put when they atill make noise while running usually they are getting near the end of their life, in any case a $100 and will have a brand new pump capable of any upgrades I throw at the car, totally worth it.
Only had one glitch when installing the springs, believe it or not when I was taking the caliper off the passenger side my little star head socket snapped off leaving the star in the caliper bolt and I couldn't get it out, I ended up having to take a grinding wheel to the bolt itself and making it square so I could use a large adjustable wrench on it to get it off! Its always something stupid that jacks you up!
Old 09-15-2008, 12:49 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

weird? everytime i know i'm taking off the break caliper i use my 4 way lug wrench to take off the lugs and use the same size on the caliper bolts and spin those bishes off in two second.....so you actually had to use a torques bit to loosen it? maybe my caliper bolts are weird.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:35 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FivePointOhh
i'm pretty sure they all whine when they kick on...mine does at least.

i assume the spring install went smoothly? just be glad you didnt have to install a set of drag springs. they are the biggest PITA that i've come across on this car yet.
really? i had no problem with my eibach drag springs out back? the front was a different story though cause i went with the upr k member kit.... took a little longer then just springs
Old 09-15-2008, 01:38 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

thats what im going to be doing this winter fuel system, i believe i am going with the complete aeromotive fuel system tank, lines, pump, rails, regulator and everythingl......THEN i might start on the engine lol
Old 09-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

to the OP, all the 5.0 fuel pumps have a little whine to them, now Holley reds, those are loud pumps..

when you hear the whine when you turn it to ON, that is just the pump kicking on, pressurising the fuel system..I forgot who it was but they said not to worry about the fuel pump until it dies, or you majorly upgrade the motor
Old 09-15-2008, 06:57 PM
SteveSkal
2nd Gear Member

Here she is, wish the front was a little lower but still looks worlds better that stock height

Quick Reply: Next Mod