5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Speedometer ?s

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 06:57 PM
calfroper_06
4th Gear Member

Default Speedometer ?s

so my gauge has worked since i had my car, my question is how can i determine if it the cable broke or the gauge. Also i have no cruise control now cause of the grant steering wheel installed, do i get the cable for cruise control or the one without?
Old 12-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Catchpole
2nd Gear Member

I'm going throught the same thing right now, I got my gauges hangin off my dash as I type this. I'm just going to guess, it's only 15 bucks for the cable and less than that for the gear. The only thing that sucks trying to get under there and the fact that I every parts store I've called has to order the cable and they don't even carry gears, it's ridiculous really.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Ketis
2nd Gear Member

well if you dont want cruise control, you can just order the cable without it...

you can test the gauge by taking out the cluster and spinning the nub that the speedo cable goes into.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:23 PM
tohoopty
4th Gear Member

depends on where you go for parts but my stuff always comes in the same day or next day.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:34 PM
calfroper_06
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ketis
well if you dont want cruise control, you can just order the cable without it...

you can test the gauge by taking out the cluster and spinning the nub that the speedo cable goes into.
thanks thats what i was looking for. But the cable without cruise will work correct? im not going to buy it and it not fit? thanks for all the replies, im probly getting mine from 50resto
Old 12-29-2008, 07:49 PM
mustangsneverdie
5th Gear Member

get the one w/cruise because of the speed sensor on the trans if you look at the end of the cable you can see that they're different my car's not even supposed to have c/c but it has everything for it
Old 12-29-2008, 07:55 PM
calfroper_06
4th Gear Member

thats a big 10-4 Ethan, thanks for the reply. i guess i should anyways, whats it going to hurt, there the same price lol
Old 12-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Catchpole
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ketis

How much is it supposed to move?
Old 12-29-2008, 08:11 PM
mustangsneverdie
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Catchpole
How much is it supposed to move?
you spin the little piece that sticks out on the back and while you're spinning it look at the needle to see and if it does its fine
Old 12-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Catchpole
2nd Gear Member

It only does slightly...Sometimes lol and the trip/odometer haven't moved at all. Can anyone suggest a decent replacement, if I can't find one on craigslist?

Quick Reply: Speedometer ?s