5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Audio options

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 11:24 AM
TopNotch89
2nd Gear Member

Default Audio options

I know there is a serperate section for audio, but its not really a technical problem i have, was just wondering if anyones got a nice setup going in their fox as of now? my friend has a kicker L5 he wants to sell and i was thinking about putting it in the trunk. but im worried about added weight and stuff. i would want to do a custom box i think.

anyone have pics and specs about what kind of setup you have?
Old 03-03-2009, 11:32 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

i dont have any pics of my recent works other than my truck but i use to do lots of custom systems when i had time. most were fiberglass do to you could make/put the systems wherever you wanted and you could drastically cut down on box size using fiberglass and fiberfill.L5's are weak as hell and IMO are a waste. but if you are getting a killer deal on them go for it. i use to have kicker 12" max X in my 98 mustang. my last system i made went in my '05 F150 and it was all fiberglass box, eclipse titanium searies 12". i have pics on my camera at home i could send.

but to cut down on weights and still get a lot out of those subs i'd do a sealed fiberglass box

i'll post up my most recent work and ill get some more pictures of my other systems i've done for you of the Max X i had, another L7 system i had and a few other various things i've done to give you some ideas. i just had the truck pictures on my phone so i can do them at work.

Last edited by FivePointOhh; 03-03-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:48 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

here is what my truck use to have for a box. the pictured sub is an old peice of trash i had just for make sure everything fit without ruining the eclipse since it's worth about 100x more than this sub pictured. also as you can see the box isnt done in the picture, had yet to be sanded down and finished.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:46 PM
symonds86
3rd Gear Member

mines not a notch but this is what i am doing, its not done yet so imagine it carpeted black. i built it so it comes out real easy as one unit, with the help of a friend its easy at least.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:01 PM
TopNotch89
2nd Gear Member

wow really nice work to both of you. that truck setup is clean! looks like its a center console and came with the truck. i saw a setup for 3000GT's similar to the one your running symonds, looks really nice! im interested to see a setup for notch, something in the trunk, i dont wanna remove my backseat.

also, anyone have recommentions for a head unit and speakers? ive looked into kicker speakers and ive got stock inifinty in my 3000GT now, and theyre awesome for a stock setup, ive seen eclipse, rockford fosgate, alpine...etc.

fox consoles will support a double din right?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:40 PM
theorgnlimprtkillr
2nd Gear Member

I got mine in a truck box so I can just pull it out at the track when i'm gonna race and then when I go home I put it back in and hook it all back up just like that

Last edited by theorgnlimprtkillr; 03-03-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:25 PM
TopNotch89
2nd Gear Member

hmm good idea, hah i might consider that
Old 03-04-2009, 06:15 PM
billyam87
1st Gear Member

I have a L5 in my notch in a 1.75 cuft box that I made in the trunk of my car and its sounds awesome. just use the right materials when making the box. And yes a double din works but puts your screen very low. I have a clarion flip up screen and it works excelent
Old 03-04-2009, 08:46 PM
TopNotch89
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by billyam87
I have a L5 in my notch in a 1.75 cuft box that I made in the trunk of my car and its sounds awesome. just use the right materials when making the box. And yes a double din works but puts your screen very low. I have a clarion flip up screen and it works excelent
that sounds awesome! any way you can get a few pics?! im very interested in seeing your setup, even if its with a cell phone.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:12 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

why bother.... just get some nice components and ca it a day?

Quick Reply: Audio options