5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

easy wire tuck without all the work

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 11:32 AM
cassimus
3rd Gear Member

Default easy wire tuck without all the work

http://scottrodfab.com/products.html#fox_interior

enjoy it.....when you weigh out your time, money, tools, and did i mention time to weld and grind all of the holes a buddy of mine found this site and ordered them and they look pretty badass
Old 06-07-2009, 01:48 PM
ford1991mustang
1st Gear Member

looks nice
Old 06-07-2009, 07:06 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

those are nice. I welded up, ground, filled, primed and painted the drivers side on my car in about a day. I figure it is a weekend project either way.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:27 PM
cassimus
3rd Gear Member

well im going this way because its an easy weld grind a few lines and then paint
Old 06-07-2009, 09:10 PM
ALMOST STOCK
4th Gear Member

If your inner fender are thrashed then I'd possibly go with the Scott Fab product, but if the OE inner fender panel is decent and by the time you and cut out the old inner fender straighten things up and then weld up the Scott Fab panel I personally can't see where you'd save any time.
Because no matter which way you go you still have to weld, grind those welds, use a body filler to fill in any imperfections, sand that body filler, prime, yada , yada, yada.

However my question would be the thread says; easy wire tuck without all the work

But you didn't mention anything about the wire tuck unless I missed something in the link you posted?
Old 06-07-2009, 11:08 PM
cassimus
3rd Gear Member

well you dont cut out any thing its a direct fit to place over and hide all of the holes in your inner fender but the sheetmetal work is pretty damn straight......wiretuck wise you basically use the same common sense that you would to weld and grind all of the holes up
Old 06-08-2009, 12:17 AM
ALMOST STOCK
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cassimus
well you dont cut out any thing its a direct fit to place over and hide all of the holes in your inner fender but the sheetmetal work is pretty damn straight......wiretuck wise you basically use the same common sense that you would to weld and grind all of the holes up
You're right they do fit over the existing inner fenders in places but what do you do about the places that they don't cover, such as the strut tower and behind?
This is from there site and notice that the strut tower or anything behind that still needs to be welded up unless I'm missing something?

wiretuck wise you basically use the same common sense that you would to weld and grind all of the holes up

Once again I fail to see how these panels have anything to do (common since or otherwise ) with a wire tuck since you mention its all about welding and grinding up all the holes?
Not trying to be a Dick I'm just trying to learn .
Old 06-08-2009, 12:34 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Nice panels for those who want to clean up the front but ALMOSTSTOCK has a point. There is nothing about a wire tuck in this. You are talking about an engine bay smoothing project. What you show isn't hiding anything and someone was to use those they would 1 need to cut a hole for there windshield washer reservoir and make all the holes needed to mount everything.

Not trying to bust your ***** too bad bc those are nice panels and I might get something from them some day.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:35 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

im almost done remaking all my fender aprons. so to the OP, almoststock has pretty much busted this thread. you still have to tuck all your wires. all those panels should be for is if your stockers are un salvagable. otherwise welding and smoothing the stockers would be the best and cheapest option. its really not that much work.

wire hiding takes all of a couple hours to do and is extremely simple. i've done it twice now(gt88me is the other person i did it for, he just didnt weld shut and smooth his enginebay.)
Old 06-08-2009, 08:47 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Originally Posted by projectresto83
Nice panels for those who want to clean up the front but ALMOSTSTOCK has a point. There is nothing about a wire tuck in this. You are talking about an engine bay smoothing project. What you show isn't hiding anything and someone was to use those they would 1 need to cut a hole for there windshield washer reservoir and make all the holes needed to mount everything.

Not trying to bust your ***** too bad bc those are nice panels and I might get something from them some day.
Not if you don't use a washer reservoir. I also welded studs on the backside to attach the starter solenoid, and then made a removable flap/panel so I can get to it from the back.

Quick Reply: easy wire tuck without all the work