5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Nitrous guys

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 02:11 AM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

Default Nitrous guys

ok so i am going to be hooking up my ZEX wet kit soon. ill be running a 100 shot. anyways i have a few questions. now it has the little brain/management unit that is a WOT switch (hooks up to tps) and manages fuel and no2 pressure. now i want to run the ZEX Traction Control Window Switch. the description says:

"The new ZEX™ Traction Control Window Switch is a completely self-programmable and fully electronic component that allows you to easily select the rpm range of nitrous system activation, both lower and upper rpm limits.

Incorporating ZEX™ Skip-Shift technology, the ZEX™ Traction Control Window Switch allows you to block out first gear nitrous activation where excessive power could cause lost traction, especially with street-tire class racecars. With Skip-Shift, the nitrous injection is held off until the shift is made into second gear (and subsequent gears) where the nitrous power can be fully utilized "

i dont understand how it will know what gear im in cuz our cars are old. do any of you guys have any experience with it? i dont really want to run a button. i just want to arm it and go. do any of you nitrous guys have any input on how i should go about setting this up? i dont want to spray 1st. and i just want to make it as safe as possible i guess. LMK thanx
Old 06-12-2009, 12:36 PM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

lol i love how there are 111 views and no responses.

also does anyone know of a chart to see what jets are what? i have a bag of jest but not sure which one is which. thanx
Old 06-12-2009, 05:28 PM
calinotch
1st Gear Member

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...ousjetcalc.asp

Thats a link to a nitrous jet calculator, itll help with the jet sizing. As far as the zex traction control box I have no idea im running NX stuff. I would guess it works just like a window switch with turning the nitrous solenoids off at rpms but idk about the locking out first gear thing.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:11 PM
hillbilly pony
3rd Gear Member

If its the original packaging there should be instruction on where to incorporate the shifter switch...

If not here you go

http://www.zex.com/Instructions/Files/ZEX169.pdf
Old 06-12-2009, 07:28 PM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

hey thanx guys for the info. i havent bought the window switch yet but it will be new. once i sell my other mustang ill have the money to buy it. which will be soon hopefully

hillbilly pony where did you find that? i still gotta hook up the rest of the zex kit and just want to how to program the Zex Nitrous Management Unit.

lol sry im new to NO2

Last edited by nacanitihs; 06-12-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:55 AM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nacanitihs
i dont want to spray 1st. and i just want to make it as safe as possible i guess. LMK thanx

1) why don't u wanna spray 1st ? thats where you'll win most of your races as long as you hook

2) DO NOT USE THAT DYNOTUNE jet chart

3) zex and NOS are identical in jet sizing.... 47 in the nozzle, and 59 in the tee will get 80hp

67 in the nozzle and 42 in the tee will be 150 (in the NOS kit you need to shim the reg for over 125, but the zex kit doesn't allow you to do that, so you might not want to squirt 150)

pretty positive that 100 hp is just the 150's reversed... so 42 in the nozzle and 67 in the tee

4) i don't like window switches, the WOT switch and fpss will be super safe and both standard in zex and NOS kits, arm the kit, stand on it and your spraying... lift and you stop... it's that easy
Old 06-13-2009, 11:46 PM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

well i dont wanna spray 1st cuz i dont have sticky tires. just running 275/40/17 Yokohama S.Drives in the rear so wheel spin will be an issue.

im sry nitrous bob but i am not sure what you mean by tee. the fuel and no2 hoses come out of the zex module and right into the nozzle. and why dont you like window switches? i can take a pic of everything i have if ud like.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:41 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

1. Sell ZEX kit

2. Buy NX kit

3. spray you nuts off

4. ???

5. Profit

(btw, highest octane fuel you can get is a must, might wanna run a colder plug to be a little safer. Plugs gaped to 30-35, I have mine at 35. Base timing at 10-12* dont spray under 2500 rpm.)
Old 06-14-2009, 11:36 PM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

why sell the kit i have? i got a good deal on it and im not buyin a new one lol
Old 06-15-2009, 01:28 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

i just personally dont like ZEX. Maybe on the newer stangs it would be better. But i just prefur my WOT switch, arming button. I like it simple.

Quick Reply: Nitrous guys