5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Thought I Would Share

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 09:38 PM
5.088lxdood87
1st Gear Member

Default Thought I Would Share

Hello everyone just thought I would do a little update I got out to the stang today and did a little work I have a rust spot that has been killing me for a long time now and it has eaten all the way through . I got to the last bolt or what should have been the last bolt and felt around only to find out there was a F***** coat hanger that was bent around through the bolt thread to hold the thing on I froze up for a minute and I couldn’t believe what I saw. I am kind of scared now because I pulled the bumper off removed the bumper support and all my brother said was you better watch how you drive and ive had that thought in my head if some idiot pulled out in front of me what the hell will happen ugh I also took out the washer fluid tank which was hanging loose in the fender don’t know why I love my car to death but seeing all this handy dandy craft work done to the thing like the 2x4 that once held up my battery tray really depresses me because I don’t see how one could be so cheap to just throw s*** out of your closet into the car and drive it around sorry to ramble I was just wondering if anyone has had this experience to calm my nerves so I know im not the only one out there with this problem ive never done any type of body work before so this is the first time. Have a good day or night guys!!!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:42 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ALL IN A DAYS WORK..LOL
Old 09-02-2009, 12:08 AM
5.088lxdood87
1st Gear Member

I guess the lesson here is look your car over carefully before you buy it
Old 09-02-2009, 01:35 AM
Hollister Hoodlum
4th Gear Member

well i had multiple vaccums that led to nowhere that weren't plugged so i had no brakes... my front bumper/side skirts were filled with expanding foam to hide frame damage.. ugh what else... 1 of the 2 tranny mount bolts were missing... oh it had a spare tire in the hatch i found out when i mounted my nitrous bottle... but it was for 5 lug... i only have 4... oh the windshield washer tank wouldn't ever hold any washer fluid... i pulled it out to find out the whole bottom of it was fiberglass patched and it just went out another crack that they missed on the patch job... oh and 2 of the 4 tranny to bell housing bolts were gone... this is just off the top of my head by the way... oh and it was missing one of the motor mount nuts... etc etc... my car was ghetto'd out... I can't believe how much stuff i have had to redo, i'm 18 and even i freaked out when i found all of this!!

Oh and the wiring harness was completely rotted out... but boy howdy it was neatly wrapped up in fresh electrical tape so it looked pretty. It was a disaster.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:23 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Well at least you found it. Just take the time to look it over now that you found that. No reason to really get discouraged.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:57 AM
AntiRiceRacing
2nd Gear Member

I do a lot of buying and selling on craigslist and noticed a lot of people like to rig cars just do they are sellable, not reliable. Always look over used cars well.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:36 AM
5.088lxdood87
1st Gear Member

well hollister hoodlum i think you have taken the cake for that one it makes me feel not alone lol it was my first mustang and ive always wanted one and a friend was getting rid of it to pay of his other mustang so i kinda took his word for it im sure he didnt know all the stuff that was rigged the car is in awesome shape still has the original paint and has a little rust just bubbling on the hatch but the fender was the worst of it i wont get discouraged i have too much love for this car i just want to find out all the things that are rigged on it and do it right ive come to the conclusion that they used the coat hanger for the lack of bolts but really how hard is it to get a bolt and screw it in i guess thats why im picky and want to do it right everyone tells me to sell it and get another one they are easy to find but there was just something about this car that i had to have it but all it needs is a little tlc but other than that i cant complain but thanks for the replys guys i enjoy the feedback and like to know what other people have found. Have a good day guys
Old 09-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Hollister Hoodlum
4th Gear Member

Haha, well i kept telling myself okay, there really can't be anything else.... but sh*t kept popping up... but i think *knocks on wood* that i have most of the ghetto out of it now... and i don't plan on selling my car ever now... i had doubts at one point but i stuck through it, and i think i made a pretty decent looking car so far from it.... with lots left to do, but i'm content with how its turning out so far... i was so eager to get it because i wanted a 5.0 since like 8th grade then sophomore year we looked at it and i refused to be told no so we bought it... I look at other cars my friends have and think about what i could have had... a common car for about the same price i have put in mine... and i still wouldn't ever do it for the fact a clean fox isn't very common around here... and i see tons of z28 camaros trans am's and new edge stangs... i still love it. I'm keeping it... I'm looking at getting a supra now though, but if i can't find one for the money i'm willing to pay, the stang is getting turbo'd =D
Old 09-04-2009, 11:49 AM
5.088lxdood87
1st Gear Member

lol i havent found anything else so i think im good with that aspect a supra would be awesome to have thats one car i wouldnt mind having and i live in ohio and people here not all but most youll see them driving around in the snow and rain with salt all over the roads so unless you do some searching and have a good amount of money a clean one is kinda hard to find so i plan on keeping mine its not going anywhere anytime soon
Old 09-04-2009, 12:08 PM
1ATony
Former Sponsor

Hollister that T-Top car's sweet.

Quick Reply: Thought I Would Share