5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Please I have a doubt need to make sure on the MAF conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 07:24 AM
ibayter
2nd Gear Member

Cool Please I have a doubt need to make sure on the MAF conversion

Guys,
I am doing my MASS Air conversion and I found 2 documents one is google books and it said that for the fuel pump monitor the "hot" wire under the drivers seat should be tan on an original installation then you have to splice into it and then plug into ECC-IV port #19. and the other source said splice into any of the 2 pink/black wires and then plug into ECC-IV port #19
Please I just want to make sure if either way is OK or just get my voltage meter and check for 12 volt ?
Also for the MAP sensor under the hood, it says to remove the Vacuum hose leave it loose and plug the manifold tree and on the other source says to replace the MAP sensor for one calibrated for mass air. so whic one will work better ? please help I would like to finish and start my car this weekend ! it has been almost 3 months since I start my upgrade (TF heads, upper and lower cobra manifold, 70 mm TB, New Stage 2 cam from TF, MSD dist, coil and 6AL box, new paint job in my garage, shift kit with the Hi Rev kit, new convertor stall at 2800, new fuel rail kit with the pressure regulator, etc...
I am afraid that it will not start or if the push rod that I used are not the proper lenght and brake the engine inside! well the only way to know is firing her up !! so please give me an advice to finish it today and I will let you know this weekend how this end up !

Thanks guys !!

IBM
Old 09-18-2009, 09:30 AM
ibayter
2nd Gear Member

hey guys, I just found out that you need some aditional pins for the Air mass conversion, where can I get them here in Canada (toronto area ) ?