5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

E303 Cam Question?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Papayon50

Default E303 Cam Question?

Friend of Mine gave me a New E303 Cam for my Mustang! I have a 93' Mustang Pretty much stock with Bolt-on's and Full Exhaust. Also have the TrickFlow Track Heat upper and lower and Stock Heads. Question is if I install this Cam do I have to do anything major and will I gain or lose power! Thanks For your Help!
Old 11-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Tempted

The E cam is good for forced induction and a nice idle. You won't lose any power, but you likely won't gain more than 20hp or so. The E cam can be used with automatics where the B cam needs a manual or a higher than stock stall converter. I prefer the E over the B on a street driven car. Just enough lope at 900rpm but you can still use the AC.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:01 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

you arent going to gain a damn thing, the E cam has been proven to actually REDUCE peak HP in a stock headed 5.0

there are MUCH better cam choices out there, and I would strongly suggect NOT running that cam.

and tempted, its the F cam that is the good boost cam. not the E
Old 11-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Papayon50

What Cam do you recommend with Stock Heads?
Old 11-24-2009, 08:53 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

the stock one...
Old 11-25-2009, 12:53 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by Tempted
The E cam is good for forced induction and a nice idle. You won't lose any power, but you likely won't gain more than 20hp or so. The E cam can be used with automatics where the B cam needs a manual or a higher than stock stall converter. I prefer the E over the B on a street driven car. Just enough lope at 900rpm but you can still use the AC.
bullcrap!!! both cams are junk and are a waste, you get what you pay for
Old 11-25-2009, 09:05 AM
Tempted

Neither are my first choice, just stating the truth about the two cams. I said you won't gain much, if any power but losing power is a timing or installation error. The E cam is a better streetable cam vs many on the market but the power isn't there. B cam makes great noise, not great power.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:55 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

dont waste the time putting it in. youll want to upgrade the springs in the stock head and that alone makes it not worth while. e cam is not a good boost cam, like adder said, the f cam is popular with the turbo crowd.

sell the ecam and use the money towards a decent cam and head combo. or if you have any enemies, the e cam makes a great rock you can throw through their window
Old 11-25-2009, 01:59 PM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

not a huge fan of the letter cams.. yes i have one. wish i went with something a little different. id advise selling that cam and buying something better. a cam wont do much with the stock heads and intake...
Old 11-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Tempted

I had the E in a Panther platform(MGM) and was pretty disappointed. The power I gained wasn't the cam, it was the Exploder intake. I didn't feel like swapping converters is why I went with it. I went back to the HO cam and didn't notice much of a difference. My AC worked better with the HO cam vs the E cam on the MGM, but my old Fox wouldn't idle worth a damn with the B cam(didn't have AC). I have a Voodoo here right now that I haven't installed yet. Don't know what its gonna do.

Quick Reply: E303 Cam Question?