5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Got my CJ Pony Parts (Eibach) Sportlines in, what do ya think??

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

oof, definetly not going with eibach... I think i may run with H&R after all, tho I am waiting to drop my car after I convert it to 5 lug, wanna see how much clearance I have when I get the rims I want
Old 06-10-2010, 03:30 PM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

yea shelty i thinking about going with H&R Super Sports myself

what rims are you thinking about?
Old 06-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nacanitihs
yea shelty i thinking about going with H&R Super Sports myself

what rims are you thinking about?
either the 17 inch 1998-? painted GT rims, I think someone called them the starfish rims? or maybe squeezing some 18 inch saleens on there. or some cobra rims.

going next thurs hopefully to try to source the following off a junker or two...

5 lug spindles and maybe grab a set of calipers if I could find a post 99 car so I can has the pbr calipers...
reverse light plug (one of mine is cracked and the bulbs short out)
mid 80s airdam off a ranger
maybe some axles off of two rangers/rear drums too. a bit hesitant on that, I may just get some new ford racing axl

depends on what I can find and how much stuff costs... if I can, spindles will run me in the neighborhood of 30-40 bucks... I wont find any good rims in the junkyard, so I wont even bother with that
Old 06-10-2010, 05:40 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

So you want some of these shelty \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ or the regular 5 star GT wheels?
Old 06-10-2010, 07:59 PM
89LX5pointO
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by nacanitihs
ya i need new springs because mine have sagged so much... they are eibach springs just not sure which type. they are blue but i dont think they are the drag pack..

this is the best i got (same size tires in rear):

i think they are a little worse now in the rear.....
Your car looks tight! Why not just lower the front a bit to match the rear..? It's weird, cuz I've talked to people with the Sportlines, and some sag, and others have said they've had theirs for years with no issue. I'll just keep my eye on em...do you think the shocks have anything to do with the sag/no sag issue?
Old 06-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by projectresto83
So you want some of these shelty \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ or the regular 5 star GT wheels?
either one actually lol. I love the look of both. they are my first choice. except I'd have the rears widened one inch to stick some bigger meats back there.

I just want to make sure I have enough clearance before I go and drop the thing, then have issues with wheel fitment and turning radius etc. cuz I have rubbing with my ponys and 245 series tires.. but when I convert the front to 5 lug, I'm pulling the control arms off to replace the bushings and ball joints. its pretty quick/easy to dismantle the front end of these cars... lol luckily mine is not super rusted
Old 06-10-2010, 08:54 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

How big of a tire are you wanting out back? If you didn't read my build thread I haven't had any rubbing issues yet up front with the 96+ spindles so far. I still need to drive around with the splash shields in but that shouldn't be too bad. Remember that is with 275/40's up front and in the rear too I do know my tail pipes are really close in the back but those have been cut, removed, and adjusted many times on multiple cars so that doesn't surprise me.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

gotcha, i wanted to run a 275 out back and a 245 in the front like i have now, only they would be 17s. every 16 inch five lug rim ford has made is fugly imo, gotta be at least 17.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:54 PM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 89LX5pointO
Your car looks tight! Why not just lower the front a bit to match the rear..? It's weird, cuz I've talked to people with the Sportlines, and some sag, and others have said they've had theirs for years with no issue. I'll just keep my eye on em...do you think the shocks have anything to do with the sag/no sag issue?
hey thanx. i thought about that but i dont want two sets of springs on my car. i want a matching set. also, im not a fan of cutting springs. so i think ill just buy some new ones. shocks and struts dont affect the ride hight just the ride quality. i have strange 10-way adjustable shocks and struts so i can change them for the type of driving im doing. usually just leave them on 3 or 4 so its softer

i also just started a new job and today i got my first paycheck! 33hrs and i took home $740.33!! wtf who would give me that kind of money... lol (just graduated college btw)

Last edited by nacanitihs; 06-10-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

wish i made that much... i graduated college and my job pays crap

Quick Reply: Got my CJ Pony Parts (Eibach) Sportlines in, what do ya think??