MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion-87/)
-   -   Need advice...5.0 or Termi (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion/609561-need-advice-5-0-or-termi.html)

sick89 07-16-2010 03:35 PM

Need advice...5.0 or Termi

Hey guys. I dont post much but have been reading these forums for awhile. Long story short I just completed my move from Arizona to San Diego and im ready to get back into the mustang world. I currently have a fairly clean 89 5.0 with some mild mods. Im thinking about selling it and getting a terminator. I want a 10 sec car. I cant decide if I should keep the 5.0 or get a Terminator with a car payment. It seems the amount of money I would need to put into the fox would be alot to get what I wanted. I originally set out to build a 600 hp car. Im hoping some of you have experience with both cars and can give me some pros and cons....

ProTrickVic 07-16-2010 04:03 PM

you can build a 10sec fox for between 10-20k. depends how you wanna do it. termi runs about 20-30k just to get a nice one with low miles....then you'd have to mod from there to get into the 10's. plus fast termi's break on the track. that IRS dont like to stick hard consistently.

Milton 07-16-2010 04:07 PM

I would go for the termi, the drivetrain is all ready set to handle 600 if thats your goal. The 5.0 woulld neat a good chunk of money in the engine (block for one) and trans to handle that safely. The cobra would just need the rearend.

sick89 07-16-2010 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Milton (Post 7108560)
I would go for the termi, the drivetrain is all ready set to handle 600 if thats your goal. The 5.0 woulld neat a good chunk of money in the engine (block for one) and trans to handle that safely. The cobra would just need the rearend.

Thats why I was thinking about a Termi but there are some downfalls for me. A big one is a car payment. Two is I have always been a fox guy. Parts are cheaper in my opinion and there easier to work on. I also like not having to worry about having a tune done everytime I change something out. Im thinking about just building a stout 302 and running nitrous. Maybe 500 horse will be enough for me....

ProTrickVic 07-16-2010 04:40 PM

build a 302 right you'll put close that to the wheels without nitrous. but first thing first is you gotta ask the right people...maybe 1% of anyone on here knows how to build a fast 302. you'd be better suited researching other places or asking more experienced people who actually have fast sh!t. not people who pretend their sh!t is fast.

kweb288 07-16-2010 10:04 PM

yyou could have both like me :)

put a termi in a fox! thats the way to go, and you can have a 10 sec car too if you put an auto in

mjr46 07-16-2010 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Milton (Post 7108560)
I would go for the termi, the drivetrain is all ready set to handle 600 if thats your goal. .

:icon_warped: care to hear how many irs explosions I've witnessed at the track on tremi's with way less than 600?? :)

TrimDrip 07-16-2010 10:25 PM

do a 6.2 swap

Soldier GT 07-16-2010 10:30 PM

terminator gets my vote..

Milton 07-16-2010 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by mjr46 (Post 7109123)
:icon_warped: care to hear how many irs explosions I've witnessed at the track on tremi's with way less than 600?? :)

Thats why added the line about the rearend at the end haha

I was referring to manly to engine and trans. That being said for the price of buying the termi (assuming the fox is paid for), you could have a pretty stout fox.

Personally as I wouldn't want to make payments on something I was racing/modding, just for the fact if things break, your paying for a broken car.

Either or is a good choice imo. A termi has more power,nicer interior,newer. Where as the fox is lighter, cheaper parts, and well a fox is a fox, everyone has a soft spot for a fox lol