5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

She's gone!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 04:00 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default She's gone!!!!!!!!

Well, so last week I ran my 92 lx calypso notch to a new personal best of 13.4 and this week she's gone/sold!!! woke up this morning to a phone call at 9.am and some guy was very interested in seeing it, so he drove down from PA and liked it on the spot and drove off with it an hour later, I've owned it since 1998 and it's been a great car and reliable, funny thing is I have no regret, it was time, I threw in a complete extra set of pony rims that had almost worn out nitto 555r's on both sets, by doing such I got for the most part the bare min I wanted out of the car...........anyway, next up... the 85 maybe?? nah not yet, but who knows what the near future holds..lol, anyway, if all goes well, I now have the dough to force feed the 89 vert!!!! whooooohoooo S/C here we come
Old 12-04-2010, 04:22 PM
frdmstng1986GT
5th Gear Member

You sold a notch... and kept a convertable?..... I would have done the exact opposite.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:38 PM
5.0kid
5th Gear Member

o man how could you sell the gay greener (as the home boys in detroit call our color) lol, i love my calypsos
Old 12-04-2010, 07:20 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

LOL, haven't learned yet huh bro. Sell them all ans save some money and headache. Oh yeah and get a bike. More fun and cheaper to mod!!
Old 12-04-2010, 08:12 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by PRO50SC
LOL, haven't learned yet huh bro. Sell them all ans save some money and headache. Oh yeah and get a bike. More fun and cheaper to mod!!
lol I'm gettin' there, give me some time.....down to 2 now, the wife wants me down to just one then none so she can convert my garage into a kids play room/rec room..lol that'll be the day..........been kickin' around the idea of givin' the ole car stuff a rest and buyin' a toilet to flush all my money into....aka a jet boat with a BBF OR BBC IN IT THE bike will come eventually maybe when midlife crisis 1 hits......
Old 12-04-2010, 08:14 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by frdmstng1986GT
You sold a notch... and kept a convertable?..... I would have done the exact opposite.
I've only had the vert for a little less than 2 years, ever since I sold my 86 vert, I vowed I'd get another one, the vert is just a fun cruisin' ride without all the headache of a race car.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:16 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by 5.0kid
o man how could you sell the gay greener (as the home boys in detroit call our color) lol, i love my calypsos
lol , I hear ya' on the color!!! it was time, 12 years and needing more space plus the fact that I'm buried in my vert and in my 85, the calypso notch I wasn't sunk to far into so I was willing to take less of a loss on it
Old 12-05-2010, 07:35 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Originally Posted by mjr46
lol I'm gettin' there, give me some time.....down to 2 now, the wife wants me down to just one then none so she can convert my garage into a kids play room/rec room..lol that'll be the day..........been kickin' around the idea of givin' the ole car stuff a rest and buyin' a toilet to flush all my money into....aka a jet boat with a BBF OR BBC IN IT THE bike will come eventually maybe when midlife crisis 1 hits......
Now there is even a bigger place to waste money. The bad thing about a boat, you have to have nice weather and wait for the weekend to take it out= even less time to enjoy it. Been there done that one. Oh yeah, converting the man cave, NEVER!!!

No if I can just get rid of that other stang wasting away in my driveway...........
Old 12-05-2010, 07:58 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

^^^hey,,,,,, now we all have to have money to waste on things...............as for your other ride, hang a sign on it, it took me 5 times on scammers list before I finally got a hit, but I refused to pay ebay to list my car....pay to sell my car..lol now that's a joke IMO
Old 12-05-2010, 08:18 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Originally Posted by mjr46
^^^hey,,,,,, now we all have to have money to waste on things...............as for your other ride, hang a sign on it, it took me 5 times on scammers list before I finally got a hit, but I refused to pay ebay to list my car....pay to sell my car..lol now that's a joke IMO
That's how I sold mine. No tire kickers to come look at it. No waiting around for no show prospective buyers to waste my time. Surf the web, click a button. Can't get any easier then that.

I would have never gotten 10K local. Well worth the listing IMO!

Last edited by PRO50SC; 12-05-2010 at 08:20 AM.