5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

so hows everyone doing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 11:38 PM
tinman
5th Gear Member

I just got my car running again yesterday but that was sort of 'self-inflected'
I've already been out once this year, back in Febuary.
Car ran the same as it did last year.
It'll run better now with a brand new set of Vic Jr's on it with a good 3 angle valve job.......

May have some heads for sale soon.........
Old 04-16-2011, 01:28 AM
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

sold my ride in january, going to pick up a 96 GT either this week or next.

doing a PI motor swap with a TFS top end just because...

other than that... SSDD
Old 04-16-2011, 11:46 AM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blown408
whats that all about?? Lidios??
spring dyno day

$50 for 2 pulls... no air/fuel

http://www.alternativeauto.com/misc/...y_4_23_11.html
Old 04-16-2011, 12:34 PM
93hatch306
2nd Gear Member

basic maintenance BS all winter. had to ditch the A/C eliminator due to a bad bearing...looks funny to see the compressor under the hood again. replaced the intake gaskets 'cause the rear valley seal decided to blow out and hose oil everywhere. replaced a broke feed line for the mechanical oil pressure gage, replaced the speedo gear and replaced the jam nut on the clutch cable...still dunno how the f**k that worked loose.

now, if Uncle Sam will ever give me my money back I'll rebuild the rear....new bearings, seals and axle shafts. then I won't be paranoid about putting slicks or drag radials on the car.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:07 PM
holyshift
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 93hatch306
basic maintenance BS all winter. had to ditch the A/C eliminator due to a bad bearing...looks funny to see the compressor under the hood again. replaced the intake gaskets 'cause the rear valley seal decided to blow out and hose oil everywhere. replaced a broke feed line for the mechanical oil pressure gage, replaced the speedo gear and replaced the jam nut on the clutch cable...still dunno how the f**k that worked loose.

now, if Uncle Sam will ever give me my money back I'll rebuild the rear....new bearings, seals and axle shafts. then I won't be paranoid about putting slicks or drag radials on the car.
I got a Ford Racing A/C eliminator kit for sale if you want it. Used it for a coupld of years,it moves the powersteering pump up to were your A/C compressor sits.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Jake Foster

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well. Some of you may think I'm nuts but over the winter I have been trying to put a 93 LX notchback that was set up to just be a 1/4 mi car back to being a cruise night car. It started life as a four banger and now it has a built 302. I put the heater back into it. (sucked not being able to use a defrost), also put a radio back in and a rear seat. Why is it that you can never find a grey rear seat for a 93 notchback anyway? I took out the removable steering wheel and put a stock one back in. I was out in the garage today and now I have some sort of wiring issue, oh well part of the fun right? She is getting there slowly but hopefully surely.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:43 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Mustang is running great.

idle surge goes away and comes back. sometimes it will throw a check engine light, but when the RPM's come up from the OBD 1 scanner to test, the code goes away, and the scanner gives me the "pass" code, and passes the cylinder balance test *shrug*

ton's more top end with new intake. It now pulls hard enough on motor I think to actually keep me happy.

Hoping to go to the track on Wednesday, if my soft touch rev limiter box gets here in time.

about to bite the bullet on a 6 point rollbar. Have a bit extra spending money, so I can't decide between battle boxes, or racing seats :/
Old 04-16-2011, 11:46 PM
Blown408
2nd Gear Member

Got the Faleen up and going with a blowthru setup... Getting a divorce now, was going to sell the car but decided to keep it. I cant be losing both of my babies!! And I'll get your parts out to you 302army... ****s just been really crazy lately... I promise here soon. And kid, do you still have that shifter?? I want it now. I got a trick up my sleeve that someone taught me!! Hit me up!!
Old 04-17-2011, 03:52 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blown408
Got the Faleen up and going with a blowthru setup... Getting a divorce now, was going to sell the car but decided to keep it. I cant be losing both of my babies!! And I'll get your parts out to you 302army... ****s just been really crazy lately... I promise here soon. And kid, do you still have that shifter?? I want it now. I got a trick up my sleeve that someone taught me!! Hit me up!!
no worries. take care of your situation first. I'm not worried about it at all. I just hope everything works out for you, and you don't have to sell the car in the end of everything.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:49 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

I pulled mine out of the garage for the first time in 7 months. As expected, it was runnng like **** (cold). I uploaded a new ZA0 based tune I had cobbled together on my 17 hour trip from Kuwait to Atlanta, and BAM the car was running great! Took it for a spin around the neighborhood, and parked it right back in the garage... It should be there until about.... September-ish... again.

OH, and I bought my AWD-T DD

Quick Reply: so hows everyone doing?