What to do first? - MustangForums.com

5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #1  
drumpro80
1st Gear Member

Default What to do first?

ok, I got rid of the 94 vert and picked up a 91 gt. LOVE IT. it's bone stock except for a cat back and has an AOD. Which eventually will be swapped with another street/stip auto when I get more crazy with motor building and more in depth. but, for now, I would LOVE to see the car run mid to low 13's. My thoughts are, headers and off road H pipe. and 4.10 gears. with some decent tires. I figure maybe a converter and a shift kit? but, I don't know if that will be enough. let me know your input please. Thanks guys!
drumpro80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:43 AM   #2  
90mustangkid
1st Gear Member

just a pair of afr 165 or 185 could get you there, another way would be a t-5 swap...
90mustangkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:24 AM   #3  
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangkid View Post
just a pair of afr 165 or 185 could get you there, another way would be a t-5 swap...
just doing a T-5 swap alone will not meet his goals by far on a stock car
BlessedHellride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #4  
drumpro80
1st Gear Member

Eventually I am planning on s/cing it and was planning on the afr 165s and of course intake and cam and all. My long term goal is an 11sec car that I can cruise on the street still. But for now, would like to see 13s. Not cause I believe its a great acheivement lol, but just because itll be a little more fun to drive until I get the cash for the rest of the build. I am planning on keeping it an auto and eventually having a manual valve body. so without going t-5....what else? anyone? Thanks
Old 05-20-2011, 06:06 PM   #5  
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Redneck perfomance C-4, look on ebay for them. I have one and have beat the crap out of it and it works great. If your firm on the AFR choice, go ahead and get the 185's. I don't think the 185's work with stock pistons without them being properly flycut for the larger valves.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #6  
drumpro80
1st Gear Member

thanks for the advice. With OUT me re-building the motor right now, what can I do? Is there anything I could do other than that? Right now, like I said, I am going to throw in the 4.10's, and I'll be straight stock besides maybe drag radials, 4.10's, and a shift kit, MAYBE a stall....what other options would I have to do? is there anything I can do keeping it motor only right now? I know I could use the gears, shift kit, and spray a 100 shot, and SHOULD definately hit the 13 mark, but, I don't want to go that way right now. Thanks for any input!
Old 05-21-2011, 12:52 PM   #7  
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

go ahead and do your normal bolt-ons like headers, CAI, pullies and all the kinda hoopla. Reduce as much weight off the car as you feel like you can comfortably live/drive without. Gear change and some drag radials and you have a good chance to be in the 13's without spraying the car. Other wise, throw a dry shot 50hp pill on it and forget about it.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:43 PM   #8  
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedHellride View Post
Redneck perfomance C-4, look on ebay for them. I have one and have beat the crap out of it and it works great. If your firm on the AFR choice, go ahead and get the 185's. I don't think the 185's work with stock pistons without them being properly flycut for the larger valves.
Hate to tell you but Red Neck went under a few months back. unless they have regrouped already and reopened. this great economy that we have is killing companies off. damn shame.
uedlose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #9  
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uedlose View Post
Hate to tell you but Red Neck went under a few months back. unless they have regrouped already and reopened. this great economy that we have is killing companies off. damn shame.
FML!!!!! Maybe I should stop beating on it then and try to take care of it a little more

Tags
390, gears, mustang, stall, stock