5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

The 5.0 is done, totaled out

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 10:54 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

Default The 5.0 is done, totaled out

Maybe some of you guys remember me, I was on here quite a bit a while back, but I moved on to different projects, and hobbies and quit working on my stang, just started driving it and enjoying it. I had a rebuild thread, maybe help some of you remember me....

https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l...-finished.html

Anyway, I have to bring the bad news the it is no more, I totaled it pretty bad and it is being parted out.

SO here is the low down, I had a major accident 4/26 on my way to work. It was crazy how quick it happened. I was rolling in the fast lane going slower than normal because of the rain, about 55-60mph. I was going by someone when suddenly my *** end slid out to the passengerside(hydroplaned), I corrected to miss the car next to me and it instantly came around on me the other way, clockwise, at that point I spun over into the slow lane infront of the other car, nose to nose for a second, then I spun the rest the was around so the passengerside was leading south into the guard rail. I blacked out at that point and woke up looking at the outside of my passenger side door and some dude at my door. I rolled my window down and chatted with him till the fire truck and ambulance showed up. They used a pry bar to pop my door open and I remember thinking it was going to mess up my paint. LOL. Thy took me to the ER and started looking me over, and after a couple hours decided I had broke 2 ribs in my back, one on either side of my spine, broke part of my spine off, dislocated my right shoulder, broke my right ring finder and got 3 stitches on my right hand. Along with the other cuts and bruises I also punctured my lung a little so they kept me in the hospital overnight. Now that I am out I am dealing with insurance and crap but I am alive, what else matters?
Here are a few pictures of my car I took....all I can say is wow.

note the the hood position, lined up to the fenders ok

motor mount, tranny was hit so hard it moved the motor. Glad to see the mount failed and not the engine
Old 05-30-2011, 11:02 PM
CBurn
2nd Gear Member

Holy crap dude. That sucks on so many levels, but It's an amazing thing that you're still alive. That fourth picture shocked the crap out of me.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:04 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

wow....at least you're still alive.....I'm suprised you would even take such a nice ride out in the rain with what look like nitto nt555r's?? mine never hit the road when there is even a forecast of rain.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:13 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

omg!! glad to hear you are ok
Old 05-30-2011, 11:33 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

And THIS is why I'm putting a cage with door bars, in my car.

You are lucky as **** that you slammed the passenger side, and not the drivers side
Old 05-30-2011, 11:41 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Ouch. Glad you are OK, though, but that car looks very rough.

Originally Posted by mjr46
wow....at least you're still alive.....I'm suprised you would even take such a nice ride out in the rain with what look like nitto nt555r's?? mine never hit the road when there is even a forecast of rain.
The 555R's do OK in the rain.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:48 PM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

Good to hear you made it out of that one.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:51 PM
tohoopty
4th Gear Member

that sure sucks to hear.glad your ok and that was a beautiful car
Old 05-30-2011, 11:56 PM
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

cars can be replaced bro...

it sucks i know but at least YOURE telling us this story
Old 05-31-2011, 12:36 AM
Venomantidote95
4th Gear Member

Yes good to hear you made it! but just because they get a dot number.............. well you got the point!

Quick Reply: The 5.0 is done, totaled out