5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Too LOUD??

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 06:05 PM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

Default Too LOUD??

Hahaha, made my day. I went to the bank today in my 95. Pulled up to the drive thru teller. "Hello, how are you today?" she says with a smile. I reply "Aight thanks, how're you?". She says "fine thanks". I say "good...hey can you send me some checking account withdrawal slips please?". She says "excuse me?"...I say "I need some checking account withdrawal slips"...she looks at me and says "can you turn your car off please? It's very loud and I can't hear you". Hahaha, I been smiling ever since!! Complimenting my car is like complimenting me. Sometimes I like hearing compliments about my car even more than compliments about me. Anybody have any similar stories? Just making small talk...
Old 12-28-2011, 06:33 PM
Andover Stang
1st Gear Member

No where in you're Sweet story was there a Compliment.

Sounds more like she was annoyed more than anything.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:03 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

You took it as a compliment that she couldn't hear you?
Old 12-28-2011, 08:52 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

To each their own. Personally I look for the quietest exhaust I can find with the best flow. But others seam to gravatate to the extra loud. Kinda like the Harley guys do! Be careful though, the cops love those loud exhausts.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:37 PM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

Andover Stang...she was about as annoyed as she could get with a smile on her face. It opened up a conversation...so what more can I say? Anyway, it's my local bank, I been a customer there since 2001, they all know me (I stand out in a crowd), and she's usually my teller when I go inside which is what I usually do. So no, she wasn't annoyed. Maybe if it was someone else...

DRAGUL, I took it as a compliment that she said my car is loud, NOT that she couldn't hear me. I've been in parts stores, friends houses, bars, clubs, and other places where people came over and told me they heard my car from inside...and they've always LOVED the way it sounds...men AND women. Drive behind a lifted truck, or older muscle car, or even a newer Cobra in my car and you're sure to get a thumbs up and hear the most rewarding question (whatcha got in that thing?) as soon as you get to a red light. And if my hood is up then I'm in for a 15 min convo at least. And my neighbors love hearing when I start my car. Even back in 98 when I had an 87 IROC my neighbor and his wife would listen for me to leave for work every night. Hahaha, one night he didn't hear my car start and came knocking on my door to make sure I was ok.

bluebeastsrt, yea especially here in Monmouth County. But I know a good amount of cops in the surrounding cities and they're all cool with it as long as you stay respectful. One in particular stopped by my place everyday while I was building and installing a 5.4 in my 03 to shoot the ish about cars. He knew almost EVERY muscle car in the area, knew all the owners on a first name basis, and was cool with all of us. Anyway our cars stand out no matter how hard you try to conceal them. You'd be surprised how many cops know you and know the route you drive and the times you drive and even where you live all because you have a Mustang. All they need to hear is that an x colored Mustang went flying down x road at x time and they'll know who it is, trust me...

Last edited by DeathRattle; 12-28-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:01 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

yeah I have a similar story, except I have to shut mine off cause I can't hear the teller, sad part is, it is my 81 vw jetta diesel, thing rattles so much inside I can't hear the teller myself!!..lol
Old 12-28-2011, 11:13 PM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

HAHAHAHA, I needed that!! Well trust me, my 95 rattles a bit too!!
Old 12-28-2011, 11:47 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
yeah I have a similar story, except I have to shut mine off cause I can't hear the teller, sad part is, it is my 81 vw jetta diesel, thing rattles so much inside I can't hear the teller myself!!..lol
u have 3 sweet stangs and u cruise around in an 81 jetta? what the ****
Old 12-29-2011, 06:40 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by mattdel
u have 3 sweet stangs and u cruise around in an 81 jetta? what the ****
the only one in the sig I still have is the 85 gt, the 66 and 92 are long gone, in replacement of those two I bought a 89 s/c vert, and both my 89 and 85 are down right now, blew the motor on the 89 and the head gaskets on the 85....plus I have a 35 mile commute to work 1 way, the jetta gets nearly 50mpg, the stangs....not nearly that..lol
Old 12-29-2011, 09:38 PM
ITALIANO66669
2nd Gear Member

i cant believe someone would come on here and post a jerk comment.i think its awsome your car was loud so you had to shut her down,job well done i say.its a mustang,it should be loud.also harley guys put loud pipes because loud pipes not only sound better,they also save lives.the only thing similar to a story would be during christmas holiday shopping our mall has a parking garage so i was blipping the throttle a lil bit and a cop was passing the opposite direction stopped and asked me,"why are you doing that!"i said,i like listening to my exhaust echo in here lol"he smiled and said,"cut that mess out"and laughed.i like driving through tunnels too.haha

Quick Reply: Too LOUD??