5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Welcome back to me?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 04:12 AM
Dj_Seph
4th Gear Member

Default Welcome back to me?

I ment to make this thread a while ago. After the depression of my fox being gone finally left. See this thread for more info on that:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l...f-my-life.html

Either way. A few weeks ago I picked up this beauty for $4500. While that might seem like a lot for the condition it was in, I mainly paid for what I wanted. I loved the color, the interior was completely redone in all black alcantra and tweed, along with a kicker competition sound system with one sub in trunk and all the wiring was redone also along with a fuel pump relay relocation. Also has keyless entry which I wonder now how I lived with.

Car is bone stock and untouched save for a BBK CAI. Ran a 14.8 in the 1/4. Runs amazing and haven't had any big problems with it yet save for a stuck thermostat. Also leaked a lot of coolant after a coworker drove it. But when I took it home, ready to tear it down for a full gasket change, it wasn't leaking nor would it leak no matter how hard I beat on it.

As for things I don't like. He installed lowering springs in the front without cast/camber plates. It rubs with every damn turn of the wheel and the passenger front wheel does it the worst which worries me since it clangs a lot. I looked and noticed a missing strut mount. Joy. The body of course needs work. He gave me new front and rear bumpers though. I just need to find the paint code so I can paint them. Got the Good Guys car show coming up and want to be ready. Anyone know where I can get the paint? Also, need to find some smoked LX tail lights. These have got to go ASAP. which I could find my spare set but I'm guessing my father sold them back when I moved out for a little bit. Anyways, here's pix. Look for a build thread later as I turn this into a monster like the last.

More pix shall follow when I get more time. I'd like to paint it before I put anymore up. Either way, I'm glad to be back guys. Cheers.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:29 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

looks good, but not a fan of those rins on a fox
Old 03-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Dj_Seph
4th Gear Member

Indeed. I'm going to change them once I get the money for a five lug. My old fox could pull them off....this one...not so much.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:09 AM
tinman
5th Gear Member

Yep, those tail-light lenses would be good use for .22 plinking.......
Way that car looks I really don't think you paid too much for it........
Old 03-13-2012, 12:34 AM
Dj_Seph
4th Gear Member

Honestly, the interior alone saved this deal for me. I love the look of it in all black. And the look of all brand new wiring when you take things apart is great.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:53 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

ugh, dem tail lights.

looks good, I like the rims too, not something i would have on my car, but they do look good IMO.

redid all the wiring? you mean the entire car or what? That would scare the crap out of me, having someone I dunno re-wiring the whole car. The front also does sit low as hell.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:00 AM
Rokgtar
2nd Gear Member

Nice looking car - congrats on getting back in a Stang. Love the color combo... Most folks move on after an accident, wanting something else. You decided to love again :-)

Take some more pics - I'd like to see the interior, engine bay, etc...

Sometimes a new start is a good thing.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:58 AM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Nice congrats !
Old 03-13-2012, 11:21 AM
prangy
1st Gear Member

Looks like a mexican got a hold of it from Milwaukee and put gross tail lights in, other than that i really dig that color.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:35 PM
Dj_Seph
4th Gear Member

The PO was actually saving it from a Mexican but the wife cut the cord on this project. I have LX tails now. Expect pics tomorrow with proper tail lights.

And you'd think that would be scary but it was just a painless wiring kit which is hard to mess up and it was done by the same guy who did the sound system and alarm. Said guy is very reputable and I trust his work. So far, so good. Plus the fog light rewiring issue has been done too. I really didn't want to do that again.

Expect pics tomorrow or thursday. Any idea on the paint code or a link to where I could get a gallon or so of the silver and the red? I plan to paint at least the lower silver portion before a car show saturday.

Quick Reply: Welcome back to me?