MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion-87/)
-   -   Hood Choice (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion/678825-hood-choice.html)

Duncan_GT 08-07-2012 08:18 PM

Hood Choice

I'm in the market for a new raised hood. I was recently browsing the local craigslist mustang ads, and Champion Hoods over in Ohio popped up. Originally, I was going to get a cowled 3" hood from American Muscle, then I saw a 4" Cobra R hood from Champion for half the price, $250. Does anyone have any input on Champion? I tried to do a search but with no luck. Their website has reviews, but its THEIR website, so I didn't pay much attention.

Any input?

88LXSTANG 08-08-2012 05:05 AM

Im curious also on that company

AMDanBailer 08-08-2012 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Duncan_GT (Post 8016684)
I'm in the market for a new raised hood. I was recently browsing the local craigslist mustang ads, and Champion Hoods over in Ohio popped up. Originally, I was going to get a cowled 3" hood from American Muscle, then I saw a 4" Cobra R hood from Champion for half the price, $250. Does anyone have any input on Champion? I tried to do a search but with no luck. Their website has reviews, but its THEIR website, so I didn't pay much attention.

Any input?

Duncan_GT,

I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever company you decide to make your purchase with. I'm a huge fan of the cowl hood, the AmericanMuscle 3" cowl hood will add impressive muscular styling to your 95' that will have everyone stopping and staring. AmericanMuscle's craftsman spend countless hours on each hood to assure the highest quality wave free fiberglass construction for a perfect fit with no trimming or shaping needed, saving you time and money at the body shop.

If you do decide to shop with us, hit me up & I'll make sure your takin care of!

- Dan

dawson1112 08-08-2012 09:43 AM

Well I dont know anything about champion hood and Im like you I dont take much stock in there websights customer reviews, however they have really good ebay feedback . I would have to say that the ebay feedback is out of there control so i would tend to believe it.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/...ab=AllFeedback

Duncan_GT 08-08-2012 11:38 AM

Dan-

I was looking over two of your hood choices last night from AM, one being the Cobra R and the other being the 3" Cowled. Which one is raised more? The Cobra R states that it is 5" at the center, but when I'm comparing pictures on your website the 3" looks a little bigger. I only ask because I have a 351w going into the car and it will need to clear the Trickflow R intake.

P.S. I order parts from AM all the time, couldn't be happier with your service!

AMDanBailer 08-08-2012 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Duncan_GT (Post 8017205)
Dan-

I was looking over two of your hood choices last night from AM, one being the Cobra R and the other being the 3" Cowled. Which one is raised more? The Cobra R states that it is 5" at the center, but when I'm comparing pictures on your website the 3" looks a little bigger. I only ask because I have a 351w going into the car and it will need to clear the Trickflow R intake.

P.S. I order parts from AM all the time, couldn't be happier with your service!

Duncan_GT,

The Cobra R & 3"in cowl hoods should both give you enough clearance to run the 351W. The Cobra R hood at its tallest point (in the center) is 5 inches.

I'm glad to hear you've had a great experience with us. We appreciate your business & loyalty. Let me know if you have any further questions!

- Dan

5.0kid 08-08-2012 03:09 PM

stay away from champion if you care what the car is going to look like the fit is horrible.

Duncan_GT 08-08-2012 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by 5.0kid (Post 8017379)
stay away from champion if you care what the car is going to look like the fit is horrible.

Really? I mean I guess I kinda expected it, being a $250 hood. Thanks for the input

Boss_Hotrod 08-08-2012 08:36 PM

I bought a Cervini's hood from AM and it fit great. Gave the car a badass look too.

Bubba 95SN 08-08-2012 09:02 PM

Boss Hood I purchased is great, with free shipping!