5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Hood Choice

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Duncan_GT
4th Gear Member

Default Hood Choice

I'm in the market for a new raised hood. I was recently browsing the local craigslist mustang ads, and Champion Hoods over in Ohio popped up. Originally, I was going to get a cowled 3" hood from American Muscle, then I saw a 4" Cobra R hood from Champion for half the price, $250. Does anyone have any input on Champion? I tried to do a search but with no luck. Their website has reviews, but its THEIR website, so I didn't pay much attention.

Any input?
Old 08-08-2012, 05:05 AM
88LXSTANG
1st Gear Member

Im curious also on that company
Old 08-08-2012, 08:46 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Duncan_GT
I'm in the market for a new raised hood. I was recently browsing the local craigslist mustang ads, and Champion Hoods over in Ohio popped up. Originally, I was going to get a cowled 3" hood from American Muscle, then I saw a 4" Cobra R hood from Champion for half the price, $250. Does anyone have any input on Champion? I tried to do a search but with no luck. Their website has reviews, but its THEIR website, so I didn't pay much attention.

Any input?
Duncan_GT,

I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever company you decide to make your purchase with. I'm a huge fan of the cowl hood, the AmericanMuscle 3" cowl hood will add impressive muscular styling to your 95' that will have everyone stopping and staring. AmericanMuscle's craftsman spend countless hours on each hood to assure the highest quality wave free fiberglass construction for a perfect fit with no trimming or shaping needed, saving you time and money at the body shop.

If you do decide to shop with us, hit me up & I'll make sure your takin care of!

- Dan
Old 08-08-2012, 09:43 AM
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

Well I dont know anything about champion hood and Im like you I dont take much stock in there websights customer reviews, however they have really good ebay feedback . I would have to say that the ebay feedback is out of there control so i would tend to believe it.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/...ab=AllFeedback
Old 08-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Duncan_GT
4th Gear Member

Dan-

I was looking over two of your hood choices last night from AM, one being the Cobra R and the other being the 3" Cowled. Which one is raised more? The Cobra R states that it is 5" at the center, but when I'm comparing pictures on your website the 3" looks a little bigger. I only ask because I have a 351w going into the car and it will need to clear the Trickflow R intake.

P.S. I order parts from AM all the time, couldn't be happier with your service!
Old 08-08-2012, 03:04 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Duncan_GT
Dan-

I was looking over two of your hood choices last night from AM, one being the Cobra R and the other being the 3" Cowled. Which one is raised more? The Cobra R states that it is 5" at the center, but when I'm comparing pictures on your website the 3" looks a little bigger. I only ask because I have a 351w going into the car and it will need to clear the Trickflow R intake.

P.S. I order parts from AM all the time, couldn't be happier with your service!

Duncan_GT,

The Cobra R & 3"in cowl hoods should both give you enough clearance to run the 351W. The Cobra R hood at its tallest point (in the center) is 5 inches.

I'm glad to hear you've had a great experience with us. We appreciate your business & loyalty. Let me know if you have any further questions!

- Dan
Old 08-08-2012, 03:09 PM
5.0kid
5th Gear Member

stay away from champion if you care what the car is going to look like the fit is horrible.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Duncan_GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5.0kid
stay away from champion if you care what the car is going to look like the fit is horrible.
Really? I mean I guess I kinda expected it, being a $250 hood. Thanks for the input
Old 08-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Boss_Hotrod
5th Gear Member

I bought a Cervini's hood from AM and it fit great. Gave the car a badass look too.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Bubba 95SN
4th Gear Member

Boss Hood I purchased is great, with free shipping!

Quick Reply: Hood Choice