5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Winter projects! GO!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 02:24 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Default Winter projects! GO!!!!!!!!

What are everyone's plans this winter on their ride?

My engine just started having a wrist pin that wanted to come out and say hello so it is now parked ( 2 months earlier than need be lol ). If I have the funds I am going to be picking up a roller 351w and start the build of it. In the mean time I am going to be tubing the lower core support and front bumper. Then I am going to go back through the wiring harness and remove everything that is not necc. such as the air bag wiring, cruise control, and emissions wiring. I am also going to finish out the frame reinforcement with jacking rails and the cross beams that go with it...and anything else I can think of fabbing up myself

Then maybe if I get lucky I can start the work on my 83 finally and get some floor pans put in, subframe connectors installed, and the rest of the frame work....THEN if I get lucky I can get ahold of some wiring and start routing in the 96-04 body wiring at least and start the swap finally
Old 10-14-2012, 06:52 PM
89fiveeight
2nd Gear Member

I'm gonna try to get my wiring done. I have a new fuse block coming, so with a couple days off I should be able to get everything ran. Then some shiny new convertible motor mounts and I should have the Windsor in the car. At that point I'llhave to make a new list because it'll just be a bunch of small things and I'm bound to forget something important lol.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:34 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

rebuild the motor in my international 184........I hope..lol
Old 10-14-2012, 11:40 PM
Duncan_GT
4th Gear Member

putting this...
Name:  image_zpse2923304.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  66.2 KB

...into this.
Name:  IMG_0569_zpse8b82cda.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  53.2 KB
Old 10-15-2012, 12:13 AM
cmc87

I think I am going to sell my Stang
Don't have the money for paint, and she needs it real bad.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:48 AM
Dj_Seph
4th Gear Member

Probably do some wiring things I've wanted to do such as the fog light wiring so it'll stop overheating and turning off, mass air conversion, and HIDs with some BMW projectors like my last fox had. Probably do some suspension mods also.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:35 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Originally Posted by cmc87
I think I am going to sell my Stang
Don't have the money for paint, and she needs it real bad.

Don't sell it just because you can't paint it. You don't need paint to go fast and have fun!!! Post some pics!
Old 10-15-2012, 04:53 AM
BaltRavens
2nd Gear Member

Its may sound strange, but I never have winter plans. I never have money during the winter months with all the holidays. I don't have lots of extra cash laying around until income tax time. So I guess mine would be spring plans? My Mustang is in the garage right now getting tuned up and a few sensors replaced among other things. I plan to sell it this spring and buy a different Mustang, 05+ manual GT. Those are my spring plans! lol or listen to my wife, and after I sell it to redo my kitchen.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Boss_Hotrod
5th Gear Member

Im looking at a fuel set up from Glenns Performance but im still in limbo on it since I having to pay on the Boss and work is slower than **** lately. Also got a few other odds and ends that need some revisiting.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:54 AM
cmc87

Originally Posted by projectresto83
Don't sell it just because you can't paint it. You don't need paint to go fast and have fun!!! Post some pics!
Your right, but it's getting to the point where it needs the body work and paint, or it will just get real bad and cost way more down the road. I am also shortly in need of a drivers floor plan. I do all my work myself, but these are 2 jobs I can't do. I also want to get a car for the winter.
Here's a pic

Quick Reply: Winter projects! GO!!!!!!!!