5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

my recent projects

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 11:46 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default my recent projects

I haven't posted any threads in a while and most here don't even know me most likely now. My activity on here and in the mustang world has slowed/dwindled as interest has been lost.........in the past year or two I have been working on other projects, I just finished in the fall restoring a 1977 f150 with a 400 cid (500 PLUS HRS TO DO IT!!) and just this past week, I finished rebuilding/fixing a 302 that used to be in my 85 before I went to a 347 stroker. To make a long story short the crank got wiped about 8-9 years ago and it had sat in pieces in a box since then. I finally decided to fix it and had enough extra parts sitting to put together the full motor. It is a 302 bored .030 with kb116 .200 dome pistons with afr 185 58cc heads bringing compression to around 10.8 to 1, the cam is a tfs stage 2 with a rpm intake,roller rockers, the motor has been balanced as well. I thought it would be fun to fix this motor and build a engine run stand as well. So I did, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with the motor as I have nothing to put it in, I may put it in the 85 gt in my sig and pull out the 347 and Nos and tremec tranny and put in this mild 302 and a stock t-5 and finally sell the car, as no one wants to give me what I want with the 347 combo in it.....Now that this project is done, on to the next.... a 1977 cj-7 with a chevy 350 !!!
THE 77 F150 I restored and painted myself:
Name:  DSCN3911_zpspgsi0ay7.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  292.2 KB
Name:  DSCN3914_zpsx3xkkfw9.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  278.2 KB

The rebuilt 302 I just built with run stand, I maybe have a little over 100 bucks invested in the run stand, the stand was a old tire rack I repurposed, and most of the stuff such as radiator and piping and mufflers I had laying around. I had to buy a gauge pack, some cheap china headers from a friend, some fuel hose and fuel pump as well as some radiator hose. But in the end it was well worth it:
Name:  DSCN3944_zpsk4dk39gn.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  274.2 KB
Name:  DSCN3945_zpsqdkivkfb.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  293.7 KB
Name:  DSCN3943_zpsfbwslx7z.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  247.9 KB
Name:  DSCN3942_zpsoh6lj7fk.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  236.1 KB

The next project 1977 cj 7 with a chevy 350 and all new steel tub
Name:  Picture%20jeep%2090%20311_zpsqkm3xgiw.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  229.8 KB

Oh and I even restored this cub lo boy and 2 stage snow blower in the past two years, i'VE BEEN BUST JUST NOT WITH MUSTANGS.......maybe in the future I'll get back to the mustangs as I'd like to restore a 65/66 fastback eventually.
Name:  DSCN3813_zpswpofsvav.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  290.2 KB

Anyway, just thought I'd share what I've been doing for those who know me

Last edited by mjr46; 03-25-2017 at 12:00 AM.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:31 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

I was wondering where you went. I had to hold down the fort while you were gone lol. We all take breaks from time to time. But your breaks look awesome. Very nice projects, but I have to say, I'm especially smitten with that Cub lo boy. That's a work of art to me. Would love to blow thru a foot of fresh powder with that....

Congrats again, it all looks great.
Old 03-25-2017, 03:30 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
I was wondering where you went. I had to hold down the fort while you were gone lol. We all take breaks from time to time. But your breaks look awesome. Very nice projects, but I have to say, I'm especially smitten with that Cub lo boy. That's a work of art to me. Would love to blow thru a foot of fresh powder with that....

Congrats again, it all looks great.
You can only do things for so long and a change of pace is needed.........the cub lo boy is my mowing tractor I just took the snow blower off today and will put the mower deck back on as soon as I service it.....the deck is a woods 59, the tractor has all the options offered to a cub lo boy, it has the 3 point hitch, it has a creeper gear and I have the international 54 front mount snow blade for it, the blower is great, it's the only 2 stage ever offered for it, mckee snolander 320 who hasn't been in bussiness for many years......It took me a few years to find one and I media blasted it and repainted it. Last year it blew through 30 inches, it wasn't fast but it did the job. Thanks for the complinents In the pic it doesn't have chains on it but rest assure I have them and when it snows they go on. To run chains it has to have the wheel spacer option and mine has them as well.

Last edited by mjr46; 03-25-2017 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-25-2017, 03:37 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

here's a good read to the truck resto:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/14...ini-resto.html
Old 03-27-2017, 09:01 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Wow, .....1/4 of those posts are correct. There's nothing mini about that resto. Nice job.

Was there sarcasm in your last post about trailering it home and parking it till sold ???

You have issue's if that's the case lol. Congrats again, paint looks great.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:03 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
Wow, .....1/4 of those posts are correct. There's nothing mini about that resto. Nice job.

Was there sarcasm in your last post about trailering it home and parking it till sold ???

You have issue's if that's the case lol. Congrats again, paint looks great.
Nope, no sarcasm at all, that is exactly what I did as it was mid October and bugs everywhere, I didn't want the grill packed full of bugs and I just sold it Monday. I borrowed a friends open car trailer and his f-350 to tow it home and the guy who bought it showed up with a dodge dually cummins and a 26 foot enclosed trailer to tow it to it's new home. I drove it maybe three times from the point I brought it home up until it sold on Monday. It was really that clean and I didn't need a pretty truck, I need a work truck. Don't get me wrong I loved that truck, it just wouldn't suit my needs. It's a weekend driver take it to car shows truck. The sarcasm was in the "mini resto"...lol