MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L GT S550 Tech (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-gt-s550-tech-169/)
-   -   New GT's, your likes and dislikes (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-gt-s550-tech/721360-new-gts-your-likes-and-dislikes.html)

chain 08-16-2015 11:01 PM

New GT's, your likes and dislikes

Looking to possibly purchase a new GT premium. Just curious to hear from those that have a new GT. What do you like and dislike about your car? Thanks

redass02gt 08-17-2015 04:48 PM

I came from a 2002 gt, so the 2015 is an upgrade in almost every way except for the size. I don't like that it came with all season tires and no spare tire, but that's not a big deal.

Evilwilly 08-18-2015 05:06 PM

I'm Loving my gt premium. About the only thing I can say bad about it is finding aftermarket body parts are very few at the moment. But it hasn't been out long so time will tell. One thing I really love about it is you feel like just sat into a pilot seat of a jet everytime you sit in it. And even with the standard seat you don't move much when going through a curve at a fun speed =).

Mr. D 08-21-2015 05:11 AM

At first I didn't like the changes in 2014! One of you said that you have to see the car in the flesh to appreciate it! I though, that's just an excuse! Apologies, I was wrong! The more I see it in person the more I like it! The handling & stability are much better.... & if Ford was smart enough to put 255/"50R"/19 tires on the car the ride would be much, much better for cruisers! 40R tires have too little sidewall & ride suffers for performance! Save the 40R tires for those who track the car or want them as an option! Compare the ride of the 18" wheels on the base Mustang to the 19" wheels on the GT Premium. The 50 radius takes bumps much better & few drive the car around corners fast enough to need the 40R tires!

chain 08-21-2015 04:53 PM

Most everything I've been seeing is good. As for aftermarket they will come, it's a Mustang. Just takes time to get the stuff out there. As for the tires I am good with that. I am the guy that pushes the car and when I get the Mustang she will be pushed. My Solstice has been drag raced, gone to autocross school, and driven road courses. She's been put through her paces. =)

chain 08-21-2015 04:55 PM

The road course by far was the hardest on the car. Not sure how much of that I'd want to do again until I get a car paid off. Fun but if things go wrong, could be bad. With autocross, you push the car but with less speed and nothing really to hit aside from some cones.

Mr. D 09-12-2015 04:49 AM

2016 Spoilers????

Am I alone in thinking the 2016 Spoilers look like a joke? I've never needed a spoiler, but the one on my 2008 looked pretty cool! I wondered why they have a "Spoiler Delete" option... but now I think I know!:icon_worthless:

AK_Kayaker 09-12-2015 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. D (Post 8507256)
:icon_worthless:

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/mustang...8020c4316c.jpg

mustangdaddy 01-16-2016 07:33 PM

no digital speedometer

nj07 01-22-2016 09:02 AM

I'm on my third so from a 94 GT, 07 GT, which I loved and did the most mods ever to a car, but the 16GT is really a nice solid car. Suspension from stock is terrific I agree the stock height finally is where it needs to be. Overall I love the car. My only personal crazy things about how it is how you find out more and more certain engineering was done for overseas sales. So it kinds pisses me off how to get sales overseas our our we're more designed for other countries than ourselves. But that's my opinion. But it's worth owning that's for sure!

sdicomp 02-05-2016 01:12 PM

Moved from 14 GT to 16 GT on 1/18. No complaints yet!

chain 02-07-2016 09:06 AM

Still planning to get one. Building a house and until it is close to being done and we can close on a mortgage, I'm not buying anything right now. Sucks because I really want my new Mustang. In the meantime one can dream. =)

2013gt305 02-09-2016 04:10 PM

dislike what be in my 2015 mustang gt perf pack is no spare tire

Yours Truly 03-26-2016 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. D (Post 8503380)
At first I didn't like the changes in 2014! One of you said that you have to see the car in the flesh to appreciate it! I though, that's just an excuse! Apologies, I was wrong! The more I see it in person the more I like it! The handling & stability are much better.... & if Ford was smart enough to put 255/"50R"/19 tires on the car the ride would be much, much better for cruisers! 40R tires have too little sidewall & ride suffers for performance! Save the 40R tires for those who track the car or want them as an option! Compare the ride of the 18" wheels on the base Mustang to the 19" wheels on the GT Premium. The 50 radius takes bumps much better & few drive the car around corners fast enough to need the 40R tires!

Totally agree on the rims/tires. I got the premium GT with the blackout package, which, if I had my druthers, I wished I could have avoided. It looks pretty kewl, BUT: The black spoiler on the race red? Meh. Not so much. The 19's? Again, not so much. I traded in a 2011 V6 Premium, and almost wish I could swap the tires and rims. When I wear out the tires (with the OEM's, should not be too long - I don't care for those Pirellies), I may be looking for a change to 18's.

EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT THE CAR: Awesome so far!

C6 VETTE 03-26-2016 11:15 PM

I wish Ford gave buyers an option on wheel types when ordering specific package upgrades. I ordered the PP, and the wheels are a pain to clean. I like the rims that were offered on the California Special better! Also wish the Recaros were powered. My friend got the Recaro upgrade on his 2016 Cadillac ATS-V and they are powered, though the extra price of $2,200 is a good more than mine were on my Mustang.

Yours Truly 03-29-2016 06:56 AM

Would be nice to have an OH**** handle on the passenger side.

Ken_in_d 03-31-2016 12:52 PM

2015 GT Premium

1 Attachment(s)
Best bang for the buck anywhere. I ordered a GT Premium with 3.55 rear end, ruby red metallic, spare tire and spoiler delete. Sticker price $38,110. There's nothing about it I don't like. The drive modes are terrific. Sport+ adds a lot on the street. I heard one with a Borla/Ford Racing cat back exhaust the other day and I think it's something worth getting.

Mrbobcat 04-03-2016 08:28 AM

Nice looking car Ken. I think that's exactly the options I want, but can't seem to find one exactly like it for the price I want. I'm guessing you had to pay sticker since you ordered it? My budget is around 33k and the only ones around here for that price are base autos. There is a place near the coast that have some close to what I want (minus the 3.55), but hate to drive all the way there if it ends up not being a good deal or my trade not bringing what its worth, ect.

Ken_in_d 04-04-2016 08:04 AM

Ordering GT

Originally Posted by Mrbobcat (Post 8537721)
Nice looking car Ken. I think that's exactly the options I want, but can't seem to find one exactly like it for the price I want. I'm guessing you had to pay sticker since you ordered it? My budget is around 33k and the only ones around here for that price are base autos. There is a place near the coast that have some close to what I want (minus the 3.55), but hate to drive all the way there if it ends up not being a good deal or my trade not bringing what its worth, ect.

Ordering from the dealer should get you their best price. Mine was only at the dealer for less than 24 hours. I'm sure they would like to sell one off the lot but ordering is very easy. I used Consumer Reports car pricing program and Truecar to arrive what seemed like a reasonable price. Consumer Reports listed the Mustang holdback at $1,119. With a sticker at $38,110, the dealer offered it at $35,900 +TTL. Truecar considered that to be a "great" price so I took it.

Mrbobcat 04-04-2016 10:20 AM

Good info Ken. But the place near the coast has their "wow" prices advertised an average of around 6k off sticker. Problem is I can't seem to find one exactly like I want there (premium auto, 3.55, Ruby Red, Gray or Guard). They do have a black and red prem. man. with a couple options for a little over 33k though. It looks like it might be wishful thinking to find a prem. auto for around 33k at the moment. Maybe discounts will continue to go up as it gets closer to the 17's coming out, but there will also be less selection. I also found a place down in Florida that has a couple almost exactly like I want (minus the 3.55 again) for the right price, but then again it is way too far to go to see if they will give me what the quote estimate said on my trade in.

mmdpg 04-04-2016 11:14 AM

I ordered a GT Premium Auto, Sticker $40,005, dealer sold it to me for invoice, $37,100 - $500 local cash back, $36,600. I figured getting it for invoice was pretty good for an order.

C6 VETTE 04-04-2016 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mrbobcat (Post 8537885)
Good info Ken. But the place near the coast has their "wow" prices advertised an average of around 6k off sticker. Problem is I can't seem to find one exactly like I want there (premium auto, 3.55, Ruby Red, Gray or Guard). They do have a black and red prem. man. with a couple options for a little over 33k though. It looks like it might be wishful thinking to find a prem. auto for around 33k at the moment. Maybe discounts will continue to go up as it gets closer to the 17's coming out, but there will also be less selection. I also found a place down in Florida that has a couple almost exactly like I want (minus the 3.55 again) for the right price, but then again it is way too far to go to see if they will give me what the quote estimate said on my trade in.

That's the problem when buying dealer stock, they order cars with specific options that will move the car while not going overboard on the option list. Mine stickered at $45,300 but I had to order mine. While 401A and PP cars in many different colors can be found, 3.55 geared cars are not. Dealers figure that PP optioned cars are 3.73, they don't want to bump up the sticker on a stand alone gear option that isn't a major difference from the 3.73s. The black painted roof option that I wanted was impossible for me to find along with the yellow jacket Recaro seats. The usual options you will see in dealer stock will always be 401A, PP and stand alone wheel upgrade. After that it's 90% chance you have to special order.

I got mine for $2K under sticker and at the time Ford was offering a $500 rebate or 0% for 60 months. I took the 0%.

Mrbobcat 04-04-2016 12:44 PM

I just found out they can deliver the car from Florida for free and give me up to 2k over book value for my car! They just need the VIN and some pics to get a value. IDK, its worth a shot. Oh course I don't know the exact price of their cars yet and my value. I probably should check out some local cars first to make sure what I want even if they are not the exact color or options to get an idea...maybe try an ecoboost for the heck of it and an auto and manual gt.

scooter3 04-08-2016 10:50 AM

Just picked mine up about a week ago. Got it for invoice less $500 from the dealer. Car sticker'd close to $45,000, got it for $40,000 less the $500 so feel it was a fair deal. My only beef is the oil dip stick. Car has the PP and has the strut tower brace. Dip stick is really hard to reach and seems to be made out of very light flexible wire. Very difficult to get back into the dipstick tube. Might be a little over dramatic, but this kind of stuff bugs me.

AK_Kayaker 04-08-2016 04:47 PM

While not a GT and not mine, I did rent one recently, and I liked the digital speed setting for the cruise control.
Was not a fan of the radio controls, but maybe just needed more time, and the manual.

Mr. D 04-10-2016 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mrbobcat (Post 8537911)
I just found out they can deliver the car from Florida for free and give me up to 2k over book value for my car.......

Be careful about higher trade in amounts to close a deal! If they add the extra to the price you pay for the car then you pay extra tax on the increase!

jz78817 04-10-2016 04:43 AM

I was considering trading in my 2012 for a '15 or '16, but the looks of the new one are just off-putting to me. from the A-pillars back it's OK, but the nose is just fugly.

Phillip123 04-10-2016 07:38 AM

I actually like the changes in the 2014 model.

Mr. D 04-11-2016 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by jz78817 (Post 8538760)
I was considering trading in my 2012 for a '15 or '16, but the looks of the new one are just off-putting to me. from the A-pillars back it's OK, but the nose is just fugly.

Move this post some place else! He insulted my car's nose! :D

Mrbobcat 04-11-2016 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. D (Post 8538756)
Be careful about higher trade in amounts to close a deal! If they add the extra to the price you pay for the car then you pay extra tax on the increase!

I thought you only had to pay tax on the difference. For example...say there is a 10000 price difference bet. the new car and the trade in at 6%, it would be 600 in tax and if they give you 2k more in trade in (8000 difference), then it would be 480 in tax.

MikeBr 05-05-2016 08:40 PM

I special-ordered my 2016 GT Premium with auto trans, spoiler delete, 19-inch Dark Stainless-Painted wheels, and all-season tires. Love my wheels. In the five months I've owned the car, I think I've seen only one other with the same wheels.

-- Unbelievable engine. Simply a beast. Lots of torque at low-mid RPM, and revs to the moon. Fastest car I've ever owned, including light cars with solid lifter small block Chevys.
-- Approx 20 mpg around the suburbs; 25-26 cruising at 70-75 mph. Would expect 26-27 at 65 mph. But I'd get run over here in Texas!
-- Structure is solid as a vault. Feels more like a Euro sports coupe.
-- Even the standard suspension blows me away. Firm but not harsh ride, and almost imperceptible body lean.
-- Steering is really nice. Immediate response to lane changes, but great straight line stability. In other words quick to respond, but not twitchy.
-- Very comfortable and supportive seats.
-- Lots more trunk room than I expected.

Dislikes:
-- Shoulder belt digs into my neck. Collared shirt recommended.
-- Auto trans in "Normal" drive mode shifts out of 1st way too soon under light to moderate throttle.
-- Gear indicator that displays 1 through 6 only works in some modes. Even my 2011 F150 displayed which gear I was in ALL THE TIME with a click of a switch.
-- Paddle shifters are almost impossible to use on a turn.
-- While you can use the climate control push buttons to do some things, you must use the touch screen to select center vents, floor vents, etc. Auto mode is OK, but gets a little crazy with fan speed.
-- Backseat is useless. Wish Ford would offer a flat carpeted surface back there in lieu of seats.
-- Front seat back adjustment is manual only. Again my F150 had 10-way seats.

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL38.../412469797.jpg

MikeBr 05-05-2016 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. D (Post 8538756)

In Texas, we pay sales tax on the difference between sales price and trade-in price. So if both are higher by the same amount, tax doesn't change.

Jay-rod427 05-05-2016 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by MikeBr (Post 8542585)
In Texas, we pay sales tax on the difference between sales price and trade-in price. So if both are higher by the same amount, tax doesn't change.

Kansas same way, only tax the difference.

Love my 16gt pp. couple minor gripes.

3.73 gear is too much with manual, as said back seat is worthless but needed to keep coupe status as roadster would bump up insurance, throttle delay even in sport and track is dodgy, pp brakes make the black wheels impossible to keep clean, irs wheel hops horribly but cheap fix, trans shifting is a bit chunky when daily driving easy on it.

For the pluses the engine is beast great power decent fuel economy, headlights are insane bright, cool small things like pony ext illumination and my color, ride is good even for pp, handling is crazy good, and the oil change is piece of cake my EB 150 is an absolute pain to change the oil.

Could go on forever with smaller pros and cons of small stuff...

Mr. D 05-06-2016 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by MikeBr (Post 8542585)

That makes sense! I like it!

Mr. D 05-06-2016 12:11 AM

Auto trans is amazing!

The auto trans is amazing! I learned something new about it today that makes the GT much more fun to drive! I didn't know you could use the paddle shifters while in the regular auto mode. It lets you drive in the standard, gas saving mode & then drop down a gear or two like down shifting a standard shift to slide around a corner with the supercharger spun up! Whee! I'm learning something new about the new GT's everyday!

MikeBr 05-06-2016 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. D (Post 8542612)
I learned something new about it today that makes the GT much more fun to drive! I didn't know you could use the paddle shifters while in the regular auto mode. It lets you drive in the standard, gas saving mode & then drop down a gear or two

Yeah, it's a quick way to downshift into and through a turn w/o moving the lever to "S" or changing modes, Reverts back to full manual after you let up on the gas. Also good for when you want to accelerate just a little on the highway without waiting for auto downshift.

Tallica4life81 05-06-2016 09:28 AM

I don't understand why the didn't include speedo and tachometer with the tack apps. The screen is dead center of the dash and easiest to see the wheel gets in the way of the tachometer and speedo. Also wish the steering wheel was telescoping.

MikeBr 05-06-2016 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jay-rod427 (Post 8542607)
3.73 gear is too much with manual...

That's one of the reasons I didn't order the Perf Pkg. Had I ordered the 6-speed manual, I probably would have stayed with the standard 3.31. However, I'm retired and put less than 500 miles/mo on the car, so lower fuel economy would have been no big deal. And I'll bet the 3.73 is fun!

Also, I was concerned about the PP's summer tires with a 200 UTOG rating, vs. 400 for the all season Pirellis on my car. I'd guess the summer tires good for, what, 15K miles? That plus I've read where summer tires don't work very well when temperatures drop to near freezing. Have any of you experienced this?

From TireRack.com:

As ambient temperatures get colder, typically in the 40-45° Fahrenheit range, summer performance tires lose a noticeable percentage of traction as their tread compound rubber properties change from a pliable elastic to inflexible plastic. The tire industry uses the term "glass transition" to describe the temperature where a summer performance tire's grip/slip performance changes dramatically. This means the summer performance tires that provide predictable traction in warm to hot conditions will be found to be very challenging to drive in cold to freezing temperatures.

The entire article:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...jsp?techid=273

Spork3245 05-06-2016 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by MikeBr (Post 8542584)

Dislikes:

-- Backseat is useless. Wish Ford would offer a flat carpeted surface back there in lieu of seats.

Only if you want your insurance premium to go way up :p

Mr. D 05-07-2016 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by MikeBr (Post 8542640)
Yeah, it's a quick way to downshift into and through a turn w/o moving the lever to "S" or changing modes, Reverts back to full manual after you let up on the gas. Also good for when you want to accelerate just a little on the highway without waiting for auto downshift.

It was a major find for me to find out the paddle shifters work in the standard driving mode! It is like downshifting a manual "to jump on it!" It allows me to drive in the normal mode & then drop down a couple of gears when I want to feel the power & scoot. It has the advantage of not having to give too much gas like when downshifting hitting the passing gear. Kool! I guess I was supposed to know that! Duh!