Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

re Engine problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 09:59 AM
dbintegrity

Default re Engine problem

So I'm new to this forum and this is my first post....Hopefully I'm in the right section... Unfortunately its a post regarding a "what to do" matter that is really getting to me...... I purchased a new 2015 Mustang GT in late May. I've driven it 2150 miles thus far... it has been at the dealer's shop for an engine light issues 3 times now (each time indicating a misfire in one of the cylinders). The 1st time was just a reset and send it home the next day, the 2nd time was 2days after the first time in late August.. it was in the shop for 3-4 days for reprogramming. That was at 1100miles....and now I dropped it off last Monday and its been a full week in the shop and according to the service manager, they'll be removing the heads next week to see whats going on in the engine.... sigh.. I've also noticed I've had this side mirror issue where when shutting the car off, the mirrors continue adjusting all the way outward and then click endlessly until you open the door. This happens intermittently... The next thing is when shifting the transmission... it is very clunky and loud which I understand is normal .... This is my first return to Ford after battling with them on having to pay for a 3rd transmission on my E350 van at 60500 miles in 2008....
I really love the car and its a great bang for the buck, but I've been fighting with them on replacing the vehicle (which I shouldn't have to at this point)... What I'm thinking is I just want an identical replacement; However, I'm afraid if this has to get ugly I'm not going to want to have Anything to do with Ford ever again... Any suggestions on how to handle this one would be greatly appreciated.
Dan
Old 12-05-2015, 10:02 AM
dbintegrity

I should also include the fact that I am 48yrs old and have owned a 2001 gt, 2003 Mach1, 2003 cobra all with never an issue... along with a 1999 E250, 2001 E250, 2003 e250, 2005 E250 and 2006 E250...
Ford had gotten a lot of business from me..
Old 12-05-2015, 12:53 PM
whatsup62
1st Gear Member

Well first off sorry to hear about your issues. The misfire could be a number of things (coli, plug, injector, fuel, etc) I would think since you have been going to the dealer that they would have looked at all of these issues. Since you mentioned they are going to pull the heads it sound like a deeper issue. Unlike you this is my first Mustang. I have ran through GM (Chevy's) lineup pretty exclusive over the years. It took something pretty special to pull me away and I feel the S550 was it. I purchased my car over 9 months ago, a GT PP 5.0 car. I had the clutch go out of it at 800 miles and I to had to battle, but I got a new clutch and components under warranty. Since then I have modded the car a lot, had zero issues with it and am in total love with it. Don't give up on the stang even if you give up on Ford...the car itself is a thing of beauty. I am confident that they will get everything fixed one way or another. Once they do enjoy the ride.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:44 PM
dbintegrity

Thanks for the reply !!
I agree that its a thing of beauty... lol... and I really do love the car... Its the aggravation that I could live without.. I'm also not too sure I want to have top dollar into a car that has had engine work done so early in its life. That is my argument with Ford. I did not pay a "left over" price or get it on a "dealer special" so I think I should have a problem free car... at least for a few years... This car is not a daily driver for me, its just a toy.... if I give up on it, a BMW M235 is next in line.... Hopefully Ford will do the right thing and just replace it....
Old 12-05-2015, 05:40 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Spark plugs are a known issue. There was a bad batch of spark plugs used in the 15s. Also the /Gaps have been known to be way off. I doubt ford is replacing the car for something as minor as a misfire. You might want to take it to another dealer.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:24 PM
dbintegrity

I agree, they wont replace it for bad spark plugs but seeing the engine heads are coming off this week, I'm thinking something else is wrong. He told me that when they pulled the plugs the bar code on one of the pistons was gone and that, that is evidence that fluid is getting into the cylinder? Apparently its a mystery to them and that's why the Ford engineers told them to pull the heads.... That's all I know... sounds like a lot of trouble to me...
Old 12-05-2015, 10:22 PM
iketh

lemon law? i'd think all the issues you described warrants lemon law... you're describing a lemon
Old 12-05-2015, 10:36 PM
dbintegrity

Hey Iketh,
I agree... its really not such a big deal to the manufacturer.... lets be realistic... once repaired its worth 35-37K out of a dealership... new I paid 42600 I believe... the difference is 5-7K which is nothing.... probably just a loss of some profit... its too bad... I couldn't run a business that way... I wouldn't survive.. I don't know how they do...
Old 12-06-2015, 12:23 AM
iketh

well I don't think the dealer would eat the cost lol... that's Honda's fault
Old 12-06-2015, 03:25 PM
dbintegrity

Ahhh Honda.... maybe ill trade in this car for the new NSX...
I think I'll get back on the horn tomorrow with Ford yet again and go from there

Quick Reply: re Engine problem