Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Trouble with Power Pack 2 hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 09:01 PM
amartinez

Originally Posted by Chas.
I'm not suggesting a lawsuit. However, a letter on Mr. X Esq. letterhead will be kicked upstairs to someone higher that a couple of mechanics and software programmers.
I’m ready to sign that indeed :-)
Old 08-06-2018, 05:31 PM
quabbinman

Chas...any luck with the hesitation
Old 08-06-2018, 05:49 PM
Chas.

No. I just made adjustments in my driving and it works OK most of the time. But it should be an embarrassment to Ford Racing by now. It shouldn't be necessary.

Cheers...
Old 08-13-2018, 08:11 AM
rjpkrp

I made adjustments......I'm using the no shift (sometimes) which has drastically slowed my 0-60 times according to the onboard. However, it is not the way I'd drive a car. I can't stand it and am getting real close to pulling it off of my car and telling Ford "Performance" what they can do with it. The car is great around town, but trying accelerating hard (let's say to get on interstate) and actually lifting off the accelerator when you shift and boom...stumble, stumble, stumble. My wife even said..."Find that gear? I've never seen you do that!", and I used to race stock cars (and we've been married 22 years). I had to explain to her the POS NLS strategy that Ford forced on us so that people who don't know how to properly drive, double-clutch, etc can just stab it and go. Even when I use NLS, it is out of the gas longer than I would need to be. GRRRRR! (Thanks for letting me vent!)
Old 08-13-2018, 11:01 AM
Chas.

Only a moron would create software like this for a childish "nitch" application (No-Lift) and not include a means to switch it off during install.

Or better yet use an option in the user settings from the keys on the steering wheel.

And then! To allow the lingering-arrogance of-denial when people call their "so-called" techs at Ford Racing. Yes I am PO-ed too. I would say any of this to their face BTW.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:55 PM
amartinez

How about we prepare an email? Let them communicate the rage? Has anybody done this before?
I have left a critical section on a review on American Muscle.

Lately, I have seen tons of YouTube videos about racing, cars, mods, etc... and EVERYBODY that happens to dedicate their episode to a review of the Ford Power Packs it's only praise praise praise, maybe a bit of not so much praise here and there, maybe to balance it out... I have seen, if I recall correctly, only one person calling this out. And nevermind those American Muscle guys, I really like what they do... but all of this makes me believe that this is all first and foremost an Ad/Marketing machine; racing and passion for nicely built machine is a far second reason. I hate for example when they say: "this steering wheel/shift-****/random-bolt-on-mod is plug and play, check, we take the old out, put the new one AND THAT'S IT"... well, it's not true A LOT of the times. It is really enraging because they had to put it and test it to film it. Luckily in the comments people ram this on the reviews.

Still hoping for it to get fixed.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:01 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Have you guys checked out the Mustang6g forum? They are way more active on this topic and any related to the S550 series of mustangs. There are fixes out there but unfortunately this forum is not as well versed on them.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:39 PM
Chas.

I'd like to know more. Does the fix effect to warrantee? Or Kalifornia smog regs?

BTW I got 31 mpg for two different 50 mile test runs when the car was still stock (just a cat back) . Coasting in neutral and using the vacuum gauge plus using 6th at 60 mph max.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:57 AM
quabbinman

Chas...check Mustang6g Forum..I started a post re NLS problem...There are some good replys
Old 08-15-2018, 09:00 AM
amartinez

Do we look for quabinman also? Saw some related threads, some of them have hundreds of pages. Very active.

Quick Reply: Trouble with Power Pack 2 hesitation