Active exhaust - MustangForums.com

5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 10-23-2017, 08:01 PM   #1
Kenny bounds

Default Active exhaust

Currently have no mufflers and love how loud my gt is. The drone gets really bad because I spend a lot of time driving 70-80mph. So I started considering active exhaust. When the valves are open in an active exhaust will it affect performance and sound at all compared to no muffler? I know closed obviously will. Also what brand is good for active exhausts. Thanks
Kenny bounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:04 PM   #2
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Sound yes, performance no.
darkmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:26 PM   #3
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

The only one I'm aware of is on one of the Roush kits, I forget which stage. Horsepower won't change between opened and closed, just sound.

EDIT: http://www.roushperformance.com/part...haust-Kit.html
You'll also need one of their valances, this is the one with the back-up sensors: http://www.roushperformance.com/part...p-sensors.html

Last edited by Spork3245; 10-24-2017 at 04:28 PM.
Spork3245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:06 PM   #4
nycg28

Hey guys just wanted to know if there was some way to pass NY emissions with a off road X pipe? I know the tuners just shut the o2 off and you would fail but if I brought it to a shop that has a dyno would they be able to tune it so even though there is no cats it could pass? I really don't want to change the mid pype every year and drive 100 miles to pass inspection nor do I want to buy a carted X pype only to have the crappy cats break thanks
nycg28 is offline   Reply With Quote