Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 08:05 PM
svfetter
2nd Gear Member

Default Speakers

I don't have the subwoofer in my 2015 GT. Any recommendations on front door speakers that would provide a little more bass. Thanks
Old 11-08-2017, 04:37 PM
jeskam

Anything that fits that isn't stock is going to sound far better from a bass standpoint and every other standpoint. OEM's don't spend any real money on their sound systems until you get into seriously high end autos.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:17 PM
svfetter
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jeskam
Anything that fits that isn't stock is going to sound far better from a bass standpoint and every other standpoint. OEM's don't spend any real money on their sound systems until you get into seriously high end autos.
After doing some research It seems that information is pretty scarce on the net regarding this. I thought there would be a lot more how tos and videos out there. Certainly there are a few but not much considering the 2015 is more than 2 years old.

So not surprising to not get much in the way of responses. Thanks.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:00 PM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by svfetter
After doing some research It seems that information is pretty scarce on the net regarding this. I thought there would be a lot more how tos and videos out there. Certainly there are a few but not much considering the 2015 is more than 2 years old.

So not surprising to not get much in the way of responses. Thanks.
Yes, unfortunately the aftermarket car speaker world isn’t as popular as it was ~10 years ago. That being said, back in my first two Mustangs I heavily modified the audio - the brands I would always use for speakers would be a mix of Kenwoods and Pioneers. I’m not sure if they’re still as good as they once were, but I remember that, for the money, they were usually some of the best. For subwoofers I always used Infinity brand - they had amazing quality for a ridiculously good price.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:49 AM
svfetter
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Spork3245
Yes, unfortunately the aftermarket car speaker world isn’t as popular as it was ~10 years ago. That being said, back in my first two Mustangs I heavily modified the audio - the brands I would always use for speakers would be a mix of Kenwoods and Pioneers. I’m not sure if they’re still as good as they once were, but I remember that, for the money, they were usually some of the best. For subwoofers I always used Infinity brand - they had amazing quality for a ridiculously good price.
I think you are right on the money. Certainly changing out most speakers is not that difficult, but now days, making any major modifications to the audio system is almost impossible for the average guy. I have seen some videos on some of the late model Mustangs where they are changing Amplifiers and OMG, Have to tear the whole dash out !! Not to mention the electrical challenges. Not for me. I will be quite satisfied with just a speaker change. Thanks.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:18 PM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by svfetter
I think you are right on the money. Certainly changing out most speakers is not that difficult, but now days, making any major modifications to the audio system is almost impossible for the average guy. I have seen some videos on some of the late model Mustangs where they are changing Amplifiers and OMG, Have to tear the whole dash out !! Not to mention the electrical challenges. Not for me. I will be quite satisfied with just a speaker change. Thanks.
If it helps, the Infinity subs I had were two 1000w 10" or 12" that I paid around $150-ish each for, they sounded clearer/better than the "top of line" subs (cannot remember the brand for the life of me) my friend had in his truck which he paid $300+ each for. His could definitely go louder, like setting off car alarms loud (which is a volume your ears can't handle without damage anyway ), but mine offered clearer and higher-quality sound.
Checking Infinity's website it looks like they have a really nice boxless one that could mount in one of (or both) the corners of your trunk as well as ones that slip under your driver/passenger seats. Just make sure the Mustang's infotainment system can use it without modifications.