Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

'10-'11's Rear End

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 01:22 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Maybe if you get a black car and darkly tint the tail lights so you can't see them, then it'll be fine.

I don't care much for the rear, looks a lot like a lot of imports I see, BUT the rest of the car makes up for it to me. The side view, front view and interior is awesome. Combine that with the new 5.0 and it's all good. I'm sure someone is working on new lights and a matching bumper. Any company that is smart will do this since it's well known that A LOT of people hate the new rear. From what I can tell, most do.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Crazy Stallion
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirDrums
I dont have an issue with it at all. Heck I didn't even know there was a problem with it until looking on forums like these.
So true!
Old 02-10-2010, 01:50 PM
GTjoe49
2nd Gear Member

I gotta chime in on this one, as I am getting pretty tired of the "rear end bashing" the 2010 has had on this forum the last few months.

My first sighting of a 2010 was on the highway when a Kona Blue blew past me on the left. Catching only the tail end, my wife asked me if that was a Mustang, and I made a mental note to check it out.

One month later, I bought one.

Every time I look at this car, from any angle, it makes me smile.

And every time I drive it...well, you all know.

Last edited by GTjoe49; 02-10-2010 at 01:58 PM. Reason: wording
Old 02-10-2010, 01:52 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Even tho I dont own one (yet) I like the look of the new mustang. I wish the reverse lights were a little smaller so there wasnt so much white showing, but that is not a reason not to buy one.

To those that keep stating that the rear is fugly--we get it, you dont like it, then dont buy one, its that simple. I dont like the look of the KR hood but i dont say anything, i just dont buy one.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:00 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Not this again...I'd rather read an oil thread. We all know where this is going unless Pascal or Wilki cut it short.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:15 PM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTjoe49
I gotta chime in on this one, as I am getting pretty tired of the "rear end bashing" the 2010 has had on this forum the last few months.

My first sighting of a 2010 was on the highway when a Kona Blue blew past me on the left. Catching only the tail end, my wife asked me if that was a Mustang, and I made a mental note to check it out.

One month later, I bought one.

Every time I look at this car, from any angle, it makes me smile.

And every time I drive it...well, you all know.
i don't think it's bashing. people are entitled to their opinion. i personally love the new look of the 2010's and i wouldn't give a rat's tail if someone thought it looked horrible. someone wants to say my car looks ugly from the back means their car is slow
Old 02-10-2010, 03:17 PM
TEXASGT/CS
3rd Gear Member

First let me say I own a 2007 GTCS, so, the only thing I really like about the 10-11 is the rear hips, actually more retro than the S197, however, most of what I dont like about them is that Ford got away from the retro look, which is fine and probably what they were going for, I prefer the retro look over the more modern look, therefore I will probably not buy one, but i wont bash them either.We are all part of a very tight community (mustang nation) so just because someone likes one body style over another does not make them right or wrong, That being said everybody has opinions and if dont want to hear them then dont ask them, JM2C
Old 02-10-2010, 03:46 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TEXASGT/CS
First let me say I own a 2007 GTCS, so, the only thing I really like about the 10-11 is the rear hips, actually more retro than the S197, however, most of what I dont like about them is that Ford got away from the retro look, which is fine and probably what they were going for, I prefer the retro look over the more modern look, therefore I will probably not buy one, but i wont bash them either.We are all part of a very tight community (mustang nation) so just because someone likes one body style over another does not make them right or wrong, That being said everybody has opinions and if dont want to hear them then dont ask them, JM2C
I have to disagree with you on the retro thing. The 2010 is very retro looking. Granted, the 2005-2009's were the first of the new "retro" look, but the 2010 continued that and made some definite improvements all the way around. It all boils down to it not being the same as what the 2005-2009 owners have. It's different, but not that much different. Park two side by side and the 2010 wins for sure. I would be willing to bet that if you parked the two next to each other and asked just about anyone who doesn't own a 2005-2009 Mustang which one looks better, 99 percent of them would pick the 2010.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Matafy
2nd Gear Member

After reading all this I was an 05-09 kind of guy, now that I think about it I really want a 2011. But Im turning 19, its so out of my league.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:52 PM
JOHNNY
2nd Gear Member

I have an 05 and a 10 and love them both, The back of the 10 is awesome and the car is sweet to drive but then again so is the 05 vert, you do notice the inprovments in the 10. IMO

Quick Reply: '10-'11's Rear End